1A State Championship-Greenback and NCS!

orngnblk

Well one website thinks GB has a shot....

PROJECT A MATCHUP
neutral field
[2015] Nashville Christian (Nashville, TN) 31, [2015] Greenback (TN) 21

Of course this same website predicted

[2015] Nashville Christian (Nashville, TN) 28, [2015] Peabody (Trenton, TN) 26

Thanks to Peabody, cause:

PROJECT A MATCHUP
neutral field
[2015] Union City (TN) 35, [2015] Nashville Christian (Nashville, TN) 31

NCS wouldn't have matched up well with UC. But the way NCS played tonight they might just have beaten UC. Mentally it would have been tougher than the Golden Tide.

Edited by kenmynattcpa

Just my 2 cents worth but their are 61 schools in class A. The last 2 standing are Greenback and NCS. No matter who wins the game or what the score is these 2 should be proud of completing their goals of reaching the final game.  Not a whole lot of people gave Greenback a chance tonight but they did what they had to do and got it done. Weather it is a silver ball or a gold ball that they bring home, they are the only 1a schools in the state will have either one in their trophy case next Saturday. (and I get paid to go to Cookeville and watch football..   LOL) 

• Upvote 2

There's always a chance to pull one of the biggest upsets in 1A state championship history

No way. Until you actually see NCS in person you will not understand. I'm not talking just about their size but their fundamentals as well. Malone is fast as lightning for Peabody but they harassed him all night tonight. The thing that makes them special is their big linemen can run and have power.

This thread will be just like Coalfield and UC last year. I think the game will be the same. GB may hang around for a little while but NCS will pull away. Next year is GBs year.

The east won't win the gold ball in 2016 either. We will be improved, but even if we made it next year. It's not happening. Wayne County lost to this NCS team in a close game. They will be loaded next season along with Dresden and Union City. Trust me, the gold ball isn't coming east anytime soon.

No way. Until you actually see NCS in person you will not understand. I'm not talking just about their size but their fundamentals as well. Malone is fast as lightning for Peabody but they harassed him all night tonight. The thing that makes them special is their big linemen can run and have power.

I have seen both play in person and I will tell you that if Greenback doesn't get stage fright, they will be in this game and probably win it.

GB line is huge for 1A and they have some depth.

This is NCS first trip to the big game as well, correct?

Edited by JohnnyLawrence

I have seen both play in person and I will tell you that if Greenback doesn't get stage fright, they will be in this game and probably win it.

GB line is huge for 1A and they have some depth.

This is NCS first trip to the big game as well, correct?

This isn't GBs first trip we blew Richland out in 87 32-0.I had the privilege to play on that team,it was a great team 15-0!The for the love Johnny and Tell Laruso I think he got lucky!Cobra Kai!!😄 Edited by orngnblk

This thread will be just like Coalfield and UC last year. I think the game will be the same. GB may hang around for a little while but NCS will pull away. Next year is GBs year.

Yes it will and we are fine with it just as you where.We both did what was put in front of us and got it done.This time is for the kids and coaches some of us arm chair coaches and has been just take it a little out of context.Both teams deserve respect for accomplishing their goal.Somebody has to lose and somebody will win.I know who the better team is top to bottom but crazy things can happen.I am just going to be like one guy posted-Let em play and give the awards after.ONE THING IS FOR DOG GONE SURE,WE ARE PUTTING ANOTHER BALL IN OUR TROPHY CASE!
  • Upvote 1