1A State Championship-Greenback and NCS!

orngnblk

These NCS kids have worked so hard the last 4 years its not even funny. They even had a workout group on Christmas Eve. Can anybody else say that? I'm not sure. The only daithey took off during Christmas break were Christmas day and new years day. That's dedication of you ask me.

They're not the only ones doing it, WC boys do it to and after talking to fans from all over there's a lot more being put into weight training than ever before.

I'm not surprised by that at all. Those Wayne boys were very strong. I think that hard work plays alot more into the success of good teams than people think. Don't forget, NCS got beat handily by Union City last year. Those ncs boys worked like I've never seen coming into this year.

We will run a wide West Coast pro with 1,2or3 setbacks with double or trips on one side.Shotgun always.50|50 chance of pass and run.CA had about 15 yards on us without our 2 time All-State DT.He'll be there Friday.Lord help the man or men blocking him. Our secondary manhanded WR Thompson. He moved from WR to QB and he ran for his life.You're so much like us it's scary.

Pop NCS is very run heavy and usually from under center.

Funny thing HaHa.Powerp sounded like he was talking about the GB team.The pretty accurate truth as to what would have happened is another stupid,pulled out of the air prediction I've heard from Sequoyah to Columbia Academy.Only one common denominator,they were ALL wrong.Both our teams are only alike because we're the same state. You folks better start thinking with your heads instead of your hearts.Anybody,any given morning can lose.You guys played a lot of mornings,have you?That's another variable.By 11 o'clock our boys have dug 6 bushels of tators.Good luck Cherokees against these courted,phoned,visited,recruited and signed opponents.

Just so you know, the guy your quoting has nothing to do with NCS. Make sure your boys don't dig any taters on Friday, they'll need all the strength they can muster. You're the best in the East. Let's see how you stack up against the West.

Edited by Eagle9019

It was a fun night. Enjoyed meeting several GB posters. Several don't post anymore. I would encourage all of you to talk this week and get off the bench. It's been 28yrs since the last title game. Never know how long it will take to get back. Glad I got to meet Cherokean last night too. Glad you grabbed me and told me who you were. I had you pegged as much older, since you post all the history stuff that I like to read.

It's good to finally put a face to a screen name too...as for the history; I've been around GB football ever since I was a small child. Plus having a dad that was an assistant coach (also a former player 1959-63 the early days of the program) from the time you could walk til you start HS didn't hurt either; OnB and GFD can attest to how he was as a coach. And at 33 years of age, I still make that trip to the coach's office after those home games...guess it's just out of habit. But the sad part is I never played, Coach Satterfield tried his damnest to get me too...So, I'll keep the stuff coming.

Edited by cherokean

Exciting week, congrats to all the coaches, teams and families. This is a chance to be proud. These young men have worked hard. Be very proud!!

I haven't had a chance to congratulate NCS on their season and their accomplishment making the last game of the season.I have watched very little of your team but enough to know we have our hands more than full.I hope our boys play to their potential and if they do I think we will gain most of the doubters respect.They are a focused hard hitting bunch.After talking to the coaches and talking to each one of the boys they are so excited to get the chance to play NCS.I believe there were more tears shed by the home team Fri than the visitors.That should tell what this great game means to a community as ours.There is nothing like this week we are all going to experience win or lose!Practice hard boys,we are a proud bunch!!!