1A State Championship-Greenback and NCS!

orngnblk

Alright guys, it's prime time on the night before some of us leave town. I doubt many of us are gonna be on here tomorrow. Not many of us real good at all that new fangled textin like dad23 does. Speakin of dad23, he's gonna do his best to get me kicked outta here, but I've been real good lately takin my meds and tellin everybody merry Christmas and all that. I think Pujo might have even made my Christmas card list. Let's sling some mud and have some fun!

I think this game will have a union city Coalfield feel to it. From what I seen last week, the only way NCS loses this game is if they make mistakes and outcoach themselves. I was talking to some of the SP coaches this week and said the speed of their defensive linemen is very impressive.

They are an impressive team. If Greenback can hang around early they could make it a game, but if NCS jumps out early it will get really bad by halftime.

Alright guys, it's prime time on the night before some of us leave town. I doubt many of us are gonna be on here tomorrow. Not many of us real good at all that new fangled textin like dad23 does. Speakin of dad23, he's gonna do his best to get me kicked outta here, but I've been real good lately takin my meds and tellin everybody merry Christmas and all that. I think Pujo might have even made my Christmas card list. Let's sling some mud and have some fun!

All kidding aside from what I've read and seen we are facing an uphill battle. But we aint afraid of a battle weve been in them all year.I hope everyone has a safe trip and plays an injury free game.

All kidding aside from what I've read and seen we are facing an uphill battle. But we aint afraid of a battle weve been in them all year.I hope everyone has a safe trip and plays an injury free game.

If y'all were afraid of a battle you wouldnt be in the show. It's going to be an unforgettable event for all of our boys. Something they will all be old men remembering back on fondly years after we are gone.

You get me a sweater vest and we'll see which one of us wears it. We all know you're secretly going over to the dark side. I heard after pride made you cheer for CA that he made you call him daddy. Now I didn't believe it but OnB said it happened just like that lol.

Is Crow a closet sweater vester?

So I ask my husband who knows his football and is if anything a realist what our chances were. He says after watching much game film on NCS we should make a game of this. Now a lot of things have to line up for this to happen one being we play our A game for 4 quarters and will have to win some line of scrimmage battles. With that said I am ready if for nothing else to make the East proud and make a game of this thing. I will also add my son plans on coming to Cookeville to win a Championship and isn't worried or intimidated in the least. So if your realist QB feels that way (Apple doesn't fall far from the tree) and so does the rest of the team I'd say we have faced the first hurdle and that is one of monumental importance. We know the makeup of this team and words doesn't do it justice when I say there is no team with any bigger heart that will be ready to punch them in the mouth. Anything else would be defeat and it's not in their vocabulary. We may still lose and may possibly lose big, but it won't be because we came in thinking we were beat before we even play. They knew most thought they wouldn't get past CA (not really sure why-people just didn't know what we had or were capable of) but our boys weren't convinced because they watched the film and knew what they had to do and got it done. OnB it feels good to be a huge underdog!

Greenback has some stud players themselves.  Kayne Roberts will play college football somewhere. Josh Silvey is good enough to play for Catholic as a freshmen and sophomore. He was all state both those years. Tavin Kilpatrick is another kid who will play college ball. All 3 of these guys are juniors. Greenback has plenty of other good players also. Greenback always has those tough country boys. All of us Maryville Rebel fans hope Greenback wins the championship.

Wondering if I know you. Did you play in Macon vs TC games with Dominique or against? I may know you either way. I got friends from Macon. Jason green, Todd Austin, josh shoulders. I graduated from TC in 1997

No. Loved playing with Doc Harper and Coach Bobby Brown is a good fellow. I have a ton of respect for TC and its program. Heck, Ive even looked at some land off of New Harmony road. :)

Edited by Playerscoach

If y'all were afraid of a battle you wouldnt be in the show. It's going to be an unforgettable event for all of our boys. Something they will all be old men remembering back on fondly years after we are gone.

If you have access to the greenback / Oneida playoff game you should watch it. That's the kind of games we have had year in and year out for decades now. Been playing 45 or 50 years, somewhere in there and I think the series is about dead even +/- a game or two. That's the reason I'm a greenback fan, we always have barn burners, or at least we typically do.