Marion County Warriors 2016

PurplePower68

Austin East used to be a "powerhouse" in the 80's in football with a couple championships. Later on I think most girls sports. So Meigs plays them in 2016? What game? Roy can you give me an early synopsis on the Road Runners? Are they back in 2A or still 3A? Meigs I thought was returning a lot of key players with a very large group of underclassmen. Maybe tell us about them too Roy.

I believe Meigs is another year away from being a major contender in this district. I think they compete better with Marion in 2016 than folks want to believe. The coach is a good coach and last year found himself trying to fill roles on the team all year long. He needs to get that straightened out in the spring and early summer and stick with it. Let the kids evolve. Don't keep making changes. I think their depth is why they will compete with Marion starting next year.

Austin East used to be a "powerhouse" in the 80's in football with a couple championships. Later on I think most girls sports. So Meigs plays them in 2016? What game? Roy can you give me an early synopsis on the Road Runners? Are they back in 2A or still 3A? Meigs I thought was returning a lot of key players with a very large group of underclassmen. Maybe tell us about them too Roy.

I believe Meigs is another year away from being a major contender in this district. I think they compete better with Marion in 2016 than folks want to believe. The coach is a good coach and last year found himself trying to fill roles on the team all year long. He needs to get that straightened out in the spring and early summer and stick with it. Let the kids evolve. Don't keep making changes. I think their depth is why they will compete with Marion starting next year.

They were back in 2a this past year and had a decent team but were young and seem to play hard and fast.  I honestly think they could play with Alcoa next year if they were still in 3a.  They are one of the few teams (4 or 5 teams) to beat Alcoa in the past 5 years.