Does your basketball coach allow players to play football?

Expectus

Wondering what goes on at your high school? Tell us about your High Schools Basketball coach and how he feels about his players being able to play football. How do you feel about your coaches decision.

At coalfield 5 of the top 8 players on the team play football. We are a 1A school so there really isn't any choice about whether they play or not.

"basketball coach allow players" that is the parents and student to decide not the Basketball coach. Any coach should be fired forcing students to quit a sport to onlt focus on what sport they coach.

This is true, but there are MANY coaches in Tennessee that limit what other sports their kids play mostly through intimidation. "Well I can't guarantee that you will play over player x since he is coming to workouts everyday". etc. In my experience it has been more with football coaches and off season weight workouts during basketball and baseball seasons.

Allow? That should never be any coach's decision. If it is, then that coach shouldn't be "allowed" to coach. I would have laughed at any coach that tried to dictate what I played or didn't play. That's comical.

You must have been a stud or pre 2000 graduate. Today if you are 3A or higher good luck being a multisport athlete. Very few kids do it now.

We didn't have any two sport(basketball + another sport) guys from 95-98 at Dyer County. Then after that for the next 6-7 years they only had a few. I really don't think they have many now. It's just been part of the culture there for 20 years.

Currently, at Germantown we have 4 guys that play football+basketball and 2 guys that play basketball+baseball. Some of our guys can play both sports at the next level.

No coach can "restrict" a kid from playing multiple sports but the coaches can heavily influence the kid and the parents.