Ooltewah Basketball Season Canceled

Southtowner

http://www.chattanoogan.com/2016/1/14/316047/Athletic-Director-2-Coaches-Facing.aspx

After a month it appears some " right " decisions are starting to be made, though not by the school board. Way too little and too late in my opinion. Terminations should follow and a men's sports sabbatical should be announced now. Transfer athletes can go back to wherever them came from, (  of course those who are taking German should be exempt ). Stench of this mess and the way it was handled continues to grow and it appears the : see no, hear no, speak no  monkeys have been in charge of this asylum for some time.

Do you not think taking away sports from the males in the school would cause further discipline problems? 

http://www.chattanoogan.com/2016/1/14/316047/Athletic-Director-2-Coaches-Facing.aspx

After a month it appears some " right " decisions are starting to be made, though not by the school board. Way too little and too late in my opinion. Terminations should follow and a men's sports sabbatical should be announced now. Transfer athletes can go back to wherever them came from, (  of course those who are taking German should be exempt ). Stench of this mess and the way it was handled continues to grow and it appears the : see no, hear no, speak no  monkeys have been in charge of this asylum for some time.

+1

I don't think all men's sports should be cancelled either. Basketball for sure but I think that would be over kill to include all men's sports. They should at least look at all the sports teams men's and women's to makes sure this is not going on else where at the school.

As for the hardship transfers that has been going on for years and years in Hamilton county. It was pretty well known that Jacques Smith was a transfer in from the Brainerd area. Ooltewah, East Ham, Signal and so on (all which are nice schools) all get transfers that play sports and some for academics only.

Just want to clarify if you are blaming the school board for their inaction.  As a former school board member, I just wanted to help the public understand the decisions are made by the administration and up the chain to the Director of Schools.  The board simply goes by the recommendations.  The board's responsibility is to create policy and determine the employment of the Director.  Now if they feel the need to clean house all they can do is terminate the Director.

I can't imagine this being made into a movie. Most sports movies are heartwarming and nothing about this is. But I can see this being on Dateline or 20/20.

If I'm not mistaken I just saw a commercial for a movie very similar to this type incident on reg TV.So it wouldn't surprise me this type thing is fodder for this world we are in now.I'm just glad they are starting to get rid of the so-called coaches who should have been supervising these children.