Dobyns Bennett Athletics

Looking @ the Tribe schedule for 2016....    I think it is imperative for DB to do well at the first of the season.     The last 5 games of the schedule were losses last year.     Now that may not mean anything because this is a new year, but it's all we have to go on at this point.       If DB digs a hole and drops some games early it may be a long year.

Rumors - there's always talk about DB players transferring to SH (funny there are never any rumors the other way around..)      Yes, it can and sometimes does happen, but I wouldn't put too much worry into that.

It's not a rumor. I'm not sure how many are transferring/have transferred already but I know one of them is a defensive end who will be a senior. And from what I heard this kid was a starter last year for the Indians.

For the record, one Tribe player transferred to SH last year, and one is claiming he will play there this fall.   Both were kicked off the DB team, in front of a hundred players, and a host of parents and fans at practice, for the same rules violation.  Language, attitude, and overall lack of self control, after prior warnings.  No one has left voluntarily.

In both cases, the sacrifice of one made an impression on the other 99.   The remaining players were in total support of the coaches' decision in both cases.  Good luck to them both.

Thank you! By the way. Bryce Barrett ran a 48:72 400 meters today...he's a state champ. He will see action on offense in2016. Jordan Jeffers is the #1 Triple Jumper in the State by feet. Indians Baseall is 28-4 and went 12-0 in Diatrict 1-AAA. The 1st time that had happened since '08. Girls Basketball had an All-State Freshman in Courtney Whitson. She averaged 18 pts and 12 rebounds per game...had a double double in her 1st ever game in The Dome 18-18.

DB sports is just fine

Roll Tribe Roll

Edited by UpperDecker

For the record, one Tribe player transferred to SH last year, and one is claiming he will play there this fall.   Both were kicked off the DB team, in front of a hundred players, and a host of parents and fans at practice, for the same rules violation.  Language, attitude, and overall lack of self control, after prior warnings.  No one has left voluntarily.

In both cases, the sacrifice of one made an impression on the other 99.   The remaining players were in total support of the coaches' decision in both cases.  Good luck to them both.

Rules violations, language and attitude problems, lack of self control, perfect for Science Hill. They will roll out the red carpet. I predict their play house will implode in a few years.

Rules violations, language and attitude problems, lack of self control, perfect for Science Hill. They will roll out the red carpet. I predict their play house will implode in a few years.

I was at the MoEast scrimmage last Summer when the RB had his situation but haven't been able to watch Spring ball. All I heard was #58 (MM) was saying he's now a Topper.

I was at the MoEast scrimmage last Summer when the RB had his situation but haven't been able to watch Spring ball. All I heard was #58 (MM) was saying he's now a Topper.

Great, with him on the team SH should be able to keep it under 50 against Maryville. Maybe he can be a player/coach up there.

After being asked to run extra conditioning drills for loafing in the original ones, he proceeded to use the F word several times in relation to the coaches , the program, and football in general.  Everyone within a hundred yards witnessed the insubordination.   Later asked for a meeting but was told his time in a Tribe uniform was over.   Honestly, considering the situation, he left the coaches no choice. 

Irregardless of whether DB ever wins a championship,  I do believe their coaches are doing their best to build responsible young men.  Something to be said for that...

As for Waco above , I agree that SH coaches failed to keep the team under control at DB last year, and so far, their level of discipline with regard to unsportsmanlike behavior appears to be fairly lenient. 

Great, with him on the team SH should be able to keep it under 50 against Maryville. Maybe he can be a player/coach up there.

You radiate hatred for Science Hill. I hope DB can beat them this year for your sake. You might have a nervous breakdown if DB loses to them again. Edited by Governors91

You radiate hatred for Science Hill. I hope DB can beat them this year for your sake. You might have a nervous breakdown if DB loses to them again.

What I said in my post is 100% correct. Thats not hatred, that's truth. Sorry if I hurt your little feelings. Maybe you will have a nervous breakdown first if Billy Blount can't win more than 4 games "again" this year. I'd rather be me, than you.