Alcoa 2016

AlcoaBasketball

Thanks, I am interested to see how he does with this o-line at this level. Anybody got an idea how much playing time he will get? I guess I was just curious how Rankin will use him.

We expect him to start and get a lot of carries once he clears a couple of nagging injuries. We expect to see him in the Webb game.

Same challenge to you as all others. Prove it. As for your continued newbie chant; bless your heart, at least you have some claim to fame.

How's the big freshman future star lineman doing at Alcoa? Heard Fulton wasn't to happy Rankin took him away from them.

I hated the kid left Heritage for their programs sake but they have done well finding a replacement. Hope this young man has a great year and gets over the injury bug. 

Ok Scots50 in ONE page i just proved it!  Any further questions? :popcorneater:

All you proved was that a poster (not associated with the school) on a forum  made a subjective comment based on hearsay from a third party about what a rival school in another county might have thought about a player leaving their school.

That's not proof, not really even  worthy of being called "middle school girl gossip"

I know no less than six players or families of those kids on the other three teams besides Maryville so I'm not going to cause a civil war over a football game. Everyone of those families would be really mad at me if I got on here and called them a cheater. They all know I'm going to joke around with them sometimes. Alcoa has some major advantages over a lot of schools because the City of Alcoa has a major commercial base to tax from which helps get some of the nice things they have. I do understand your points fully and I get testy sometimes about there not being a multiplier rule because of the large base of kids from Eagleton that should be going to Heritage but that's because it has nearly destroyed their program but who can blame those parents for not wanting the best for their kids. For that reason I do wish Alcoa was in 4A but also think even in that class they still would do just as well. My only concern with Alcoa and Maryville is that both schools will eventually have other schools refuse to play them and take a forfeit and if that happened you could end up with a six or seven game schedule and that happened to Oak Ridge many years ago. I'm just about willing to bet all the county teams won't play each other again next year like in the past.

I know no less than six players or families of those kids on the other three teams besides Maryville so I'm not going to cause a civil war over a football game. Everyone of those families would be really mad at me if I got on here and called them a cheater. They all know I'm going to joke around with them sometimes. Alcoa has some major advantages over a lot of schools because the City of Alcoa has a major commercial base to tax from which helps get some of the nice things they have. I do understand your points fully and I get testy sometimes about there not being a multiplier rule because of the large base of kids from Eagleton that should be going to Heritage but that's because it has nearly destroyed their program but who can blame those parents for not wanting the best for their kids. For that reason I do wish Alcoa was in 4A but also think even in that class they still would do just as well. My only concern with Alcoa and Maryville is that both schools will eventually have other schools refuse to play them and take a forfeit and if that happened you could end up with a six or seven game schedule and that happened to Oak Ridge many years ago. I'm just about willing to bet all the county teams won't play each other again next year like in the past.

I think Heritage, Maryville and WB will probably be in the same region next year after the realignment. I'm guessing they will all be 6A, if I understood TSSAA's ruling correctly. So they will have to play each other.

If what you're saying is true. I think Catholic and Fulton will play anyone. so there is two games. Alcoa and Maryville play each other.  so there is 3. I really don't see Schad or Hammontree not playing a 2A team. so there is 5.

You could be right though about the other teams forfeiting instead of playing.

I'd hate to see it. Think about the life lessons your teaching the kids from those teams. "Its ok to not only quit , but to never even compete and even run away and hide when you think things aren't as fair as they should be."

Edited by 32hammer