MIDDLETON vs GC

chaser92946

Now we get to see the matchup GC fans have wanted to see all year, Gibson County vs Middleton. I wish it was in the finals, good luck to GC and to Middleton. GC will have to play their best game of the year tomorrow and they could. I think the difference in the game will be Middleton has been here before and its just another game for them. I look for GC to come out tight and fall behind early but if they can stay in the game until half then maybe they can pull the upset.

Middleton 64
Gibson County 55

After watching GC play against Van Buren, Middleton should win this with ease. Van Buren wasn't near as good as Pickett Co, Community, or South Greene on the other side. Should be a rematch of last year's Semi final game in the finals Middleton vs SG. Hopefully the rebels can avenge the 1 point loss.

After watching GC play against Van Buren, Middleton should win this with ease. Van Buren wasn't near as good as Pickett Co, Community, or South Greene on the other side. Should be a rematch of last year's Semi final game in the finals Middleton vs SG. Hopefully the rebels can avenge the 1 point loss.

I agree. No offense to Van Buren Co , as they really played well today. Pickett Co was at least 20+ points better than VBC. They really embarrassed them on their home floor at sub state last year. I'm picking a South Greene vs Middleton final after watching so far.

I have called games on the radio this season involving both Middleton and Gibson County.  The team that I cover, TCA, plays in Middleton's district and we also played Gibson County in a Christmas holiday tournament.  I have obviously seen both teams up close and personal.  

Both are very talented teams and in my opinion they are the two finest teams in all of Class A girls basketball.  With that being said, I am going to stick with District 15A's Middleton in this game.  I see them winning by 15 points.  The difference in this game will be the suffocating defense played by Middleton.  The Lady Tigers speed and length will cause GC fits.  The type of defense Middleton plays will force GC into many turnovers that will lead to points.  Middleton also attacks the glass with anger.  They don't ever let up. They are relentless to say the least.  Simply put, Middleton will eventually wear Gibson County down.  

Last years Middleton team was undefeated and state champions.  They had tons of individual talent on that team.  This years bunch plays with more of a team attitude and is much more disciplined.  This years team is better than last years group and that spells bad news for GC.

I'm hoping to see a good game tomorrow. Middleton is the definite favorite, but being the pre-game favorite doesn't amount to much except speculation.

Gibson has to come out knocking down shots from the get go. The margin of error tomorrow is very small. Gibson can win, but they must execute, rebound, and hit shots.

On the other hand, Middleton has to limit turnovers and use their height advantage. They seem to be really comfortable playing in the Murphy Center and don't same faced by the atmosphere, nor did they last year.