Can USJ finally get a gold ball?

Around here, Milan has always been one of the "cream of the crop" programs and playing them at all, much less with the team they have this year is going to be really tough.  I've never seen a coach work as hard and with as much enthusiasm as he has done with our kids and they love him for it already.  But as Govolsknox said, it's going to take some time for the boys to learn and master his system as it's much different than what we had before.  Patience is a virtue, but a hard one to live through!

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always had the utmost respect for you and your Milan squad. 1st class program and classy on the field. Regardless of the outcome on the scoreboard, they played hard and with class. We know a little about having to play through scoreboard adversity as well playing Alcoa twice a year :huh: . Best of luck to Milan this year, and of course, I'm sure you'll understand why I'll be pulling for Milan in only 9 of their games...

Hopefully you can pull for us in only 14 of our games. 😀

But in all seriousness I appreciate the kind words. And trust me the sentiment is likewise brother.

Around here, Milan has always been one of the "cream of the crop" programs and playing them at all, much less with the team they have this year is going to be really tough. I've never seen a coach work as hard and with as much enthusiasm as he has done with our kids and they love him for it already. But as Govolsknox said, it's going to take some time for the boys to learn and master his system as it's much different than what we had before. Patience is a virtue, but a hard one to live through!

I am really looking forward to this years game with USJ. Should be a yearly thing. I loved when we were in the same region together back in your D1 days. Man that was a brutal region. Hopefully Bradley and Morris can find a way to make this happen long term.

I am really looking forward to this years game with USJ. Should be a yearly thing. I loved when we were in the same region together back in your D1 days. Man that was a brutal region. Hopefully Bradley and Morris can find a way to make this happen long term.

You shouldn't have to play Liberty after 2016, so the opening is there for Milan...I'm sure Liberty would love to continue the showdown though. We don't see many games with that size crowd.

Milan, Huntingdon, Westview, Humboldt, Peabody, JCS (when they were coming off a state championship), Dresden and USJ.

In retrospect, that region was even more stacked than it seemed at the time.

At least four of those teams have played for gold balls since then. Think the others have made semis.

I'm out of the loop. How has USJ looked in scrimmages? Saw in the Sun they had 80 players out.

Milan, Huntingdon, Westview, Humboldt, Peabody, JCS (when they were coming off a state championship), Dresden and USJ.

In retrospect, that region was even more stacked than it seemed at the time.

At least four of those teams have played for gold balls since then. Think the others have made semis.

I'm out of the loop. How has USJ looked in scrimmages? Saw in the Sun they had 80 players out.

Milan, Huntingdon, USJ, Dresden and Peabody have all played for championships since then.

Due to my roots, not going to lie, I got angry when Rusty didn't try to throw for 39 more yards that day................LOL

I was glad he didn't out of respect for Milan, but I have to admit, as a long time CAK supporter, it was hard for me to watch an entire 4th quarter with (virtually) no passes! I felt like I was at the wrong stadium or something.

I was glad he didn't out of respect for Milan, but I have to admit, as a long time CAK supporter, it was hard for me to watch an entire 4th quarter with (virtually) no passes! I felt like I was at the wrong stadium or something.

They did not choose to stop. We very methodically wore them CAK boys down making them score all those tds. They did have nothing left in the tank!!! ðŸ‘