Mairvul goes two Hairataige

STARSNBARS

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched the game on replay and Maryville played everyone I think even starting half way through the second quarter. It's hard to believe it was 42 -0 at halftime and back in 1983 Maryville was up at halftime 45 -0 over Heritage and Bob Gilbert wrote a story in the sports page the following Monday and accused Maryville Coaching Staff of trying to Humiliate Teenagers.

I watched the game on replay and Maryville played everyone I think even starting half way through the second quarter. It's hard to believe it was 42 -0 at halftime and back in 1983 Maryville was up at halftime 45 -0 over Heritage and Bob Gilbert wrote a story in the sports page the following Monday and accused Maryville Coaching Staff of trying to Humiliate Teenagers.

Tennessee needs to get rid of the mercy rule. I don't have a problem with huge scores because it's the other team's responsibility to stop them.

Year after hairtage won and faked meaningless xtra point at end of game? Or do I have wrong decade?

I remember that meaningless late TD and Heritage going for 2 and making it in 1982. I believe the play before the late TD Heritage starting running clock to end the game. Heritage should have won 3-0 but won 11-0. The very next year after every Maryville TD They went for 2 and made it.

On my way home from that 1983 game I remember listening to WGAP. Glen Morton asked Don Story why he went for 2 so much. Don Story's response was " Why didn't you ask Jack Renfro that last year"

I remember that meaningless late TD and Heritage going for 2 and making it in 1982. I believe the play before the late TD Heritage starting running clock to end the game. Heritage should have won 3-0 but won 11-0. The very next year after every Maryville TD They went for 2 and made it.

On my way home from that 1983 game I remember listening to WGAP. Glen Morton asked Don Story why he went for 2 so much. Don Story's response was " Why didn't you ask Jack Renfro that last year"

LoL

Great. I was at the 11-0 game.

Congratulations Rebels. Nice way to begin the season. I was not in town and hate I missed the game, Heritage is a favorite venue.

Good luck the rest of the way Mountaineers.