Metro Rankings

bleacher

11 minutes ago, workinprogress said:

Well no more dancing for 247. Pretty much just said what he feels right there. It will probably never be known but it would be interesting to know who is doing it in metro and why. The three schools mentioned already get plenty of athletes from their zones. Why not coach whomever walks in the doors. If a coach is going to recruit then recruit the kids in the hallway. Get the kids that are already there and help them be a part of the school. Just my opinion.

You know, you are just trying to stay politically correct. I do not know why everyone gets upset at the truth.

2 hours ago, fb247 said:

That is not true. I know for a fact PC is not even close with Hillsboro now, because of MF, and Cane Ridge. PC is a distant third now. I have been dancing around this comment about illegal recruiting . It is only black coaches recruiting black kids. The white coaches in Metro can not compete with a black coach when it comes to recruiting black kids. It would be interesting to me if any white kid has been recruited bu any school in Metro.

Once again til you show proof it's no facts in your statement. What parent / kid would pick Hillwood over the three school? Has nothing to do with recruiting! Pearl Cohn name speaks for itself attracts kids. Who wouldn't send their kid to play for Brunetti. He plays a tough schedule every year, he'll do everything in his power to set your kid up for a scholarship to play at the next level. Its not about recruiting at PC these kids want to come. Not to mention most of these kids parents went to PC. So they already have that black, red and white running through their veins.

Let's be real. Most of the people who are commenting are older and not apart of the new generation. The I want to go to Hunters lane who is 0-10 and make my own name days are over with. These kids want to play with their friends and on a team who is winning and you can't blame them."Look at the NBA" With social media and seeing these kids on tv every Friday it's not hard to want to pick one of these schools. I can even go deeper into it but it's to early lol.  247 says hillsboro,PC and CR is Getting all the talent but when you get into rating heck our best player is a kid who is 5'7. Our LB are small. Neither of these 3 school's don't have no 4 or 5 star kids out there. It's only one school in Metro that gets them type of kids and once they start winning your going to add them to the list.You talk about our coaching staff and you're not seeing them maximize our talent. Just giving a heads up alot of folks can't coach at pc. You have to be WAYYY More then a coach and some people are not built for it....Im over it

2 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

Let's be real. Most of the people who are commenting are older and not apart of the new generation. The I want to go to Hunters lane who is 0-10 and make my own name days are over with. These kids want to play with their friends and on a team who is winning and you can't blame them."Look at the NBA" With social media and seeing these kids on tv every Friday it's not hard to want to pick one of these schools. I can even go deeper into it but it's to early lol.  247 says hillsboro,PC and CR is Getting all the talent but when you get into rating heck our best player is a kid who is 5'7. Our LB are small. Neither of these 3 school's don't have no 4 or 5 star kids out there. It's only one school in Metro that gets them type of kids and once they start winning your going to add them to the list.You talk about our coaching staff and you're not seeing them maximize our talent. Just giving a heads up alot of folks can't coach at pc. You have to be WAYYY More then a coach and some people are not built for it....Im over it

Well said! Yeah I am done talking also can't go back and forth with someone who's bitter. Plus don't have any proof just throwing out he say she say rumors.

• Like 1

A lot of truth starting to come out. A lot that is not true or is simply an opinion is also being stated. Ill start with what I know to be factual. Certain coaches in metro recruit in a way that is not allowed by the TSSAA. I know of players that have had coaches make first contact with the athlete. Ill leave it at that.

My opinion is that this has gotten out of control. It probably stems from one coach having success and others trying to keep up.

My opinion on players is that fan is correct. Kids want to win and go to a winning program. A lot of kids now days do not know what it really means to work towards something. They want immediate results far too often. Not all kids are this way but too many are. However, that does not make it right or ethical for a coach to approach that kid and make first contact.

Finally someone stated if a kid had to choose between Hillwood and PC the kid would most likely choose PC. Depends on the kid and family. Some kids would choose Hillwood simply because of location. Some may choose PC for athletics. Some would choose option C and go the private school route or try and get in academically to MLK or HF. Every kid and family is different.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

#facts....

2 hours ago, workinprogress said:

A lot of truth starting to come out. A lot that is not true or is simply an opinion is also being stated. Ill start with what I know to be factual. Certain coaches in metro recruit in a way that is not allowed by the TSSAA. I know of players that have had coaches make first contact with the athlete. Ill leave it at that.

My opinion is that this has gotten out of control. It probably stems from one coach having success and others trying to keep up.

My opinion on players is that fan is correct. Kids want to win and go to a winning program. A lot of kids now days do not know what it really means to work towards something. They want immediate results far too often. Not all kids are this way but too many are. However, that does not make it right or ethical for a coach to approach that kid and make first contact.

Finally someone stated if a kid had to choose between Hillwood and PC the kid would most likely choose PC. Depends on the kid and family. Some kids would choose Hillwood simply because of location. Some may choose PC for athletics. Some would choose option C and go the private school route or try and get in academically to MLK or HF. Every kid and family is different.

#facts ..... as well.. wowwww only black coaches recruit is absolutely ridiculous... That's a pretty harsh statement .. 

I have seen both black and white coaches and "represenatives" at middle school games. And they all are searching out parents not the other way around.

We can also talk about the phone calls kids are still receiving over the summer even after the kid has enrolled at another school. Much like the difference  between the binding letter of intent and the "commitment".

I have even had a kid come to the first day of school only to be at another school on the 2nd day.

Much like college basketball, until something happens to change the landscape it will remain the "status quo". Morals are no longer in vogue unfortunately.

In the mist of all the negative, I witnessed great sportsmanship after the game last night between Hunters Lane and Gallatin.  After the handshakes and team meetings, I witnessed groups of boys from both sides slapping shoulder pads, smiling and joking.  It was good to see especially when you have teams that are going in different directions.  Hats off to the young men that work hard and achieve little results on the field and the coaches that put the time in to try and make a difference.  That was very refreshing and quite frankly there have been times that that was not the case.  

• Like 1