Metro Rankings

bleacher

On 9/28/2017 at 6:06 AM, FBfan26 said:

Let's be real. Most of the people who are commenting are older and not apart of the new generation. The I want to go to Hunters lane who is 0-10 and make my own name days are over with. These kids want to play with their friends and on a team who is winning and you can't blame them."Look at the NBA" With social media and seeing these kids on tv every Friday it's not hard to want to pick one of these schools. I can even go deeper into it but it's to early lol.  247 says hillsboro,PC and CR is Getting all the talent but when you get into rating heck our best player is a kid who is 5'7. Our LB are small. Neither of these 3 school's don't have no 4 or 5 star kids out there. It's only one school in Metro that gets them type of kids and once they start winning your going to add them to the list.You talk about our coaching staff and you're not seeing them maximize our talent. Just giving a heads up alot of folks can't coach at pc. You have to be WAYYY More then a coach and some people are not built for it....Im over it

I agree with your assessment of the days of a team being 0-10 and a kid saying I want to go there and make a name for myself is over. But from my view here's a problem with that. They wonder why they don't get the looks and opportunities they would like to have. When you are at a school where you are behind 2 or sometimes 3 other players that hurts your "game film" would you not agree? I think kids and parents should set down with a coach and listen to what the vision is, and not necessarily look at a record. Talk to the principal of the school a listen to their vision on how academics and sports are an important co-culture in their school. I wouldn't send my kid to lets say a Hunter Lane right now, not because they are losing, but because the principal (and administrative stuff) for what I saw a few years ago don't care if the athletics program is successful or not. This means you're not going to hire the best coaches, nor are you going to invest the funds into the program you need for it to be truly functional. 

On 9/27/2017 at 3:05 PM, fb247 said:

Here lies the problem, your's and everyone's  thinking. First, you do not see the obvious. Second, has nothing to do with pride. Third, in most cases there is no relative or friend playing. This is called very subtle illegal advertised recruiting. After the game ,you see these proud gear wearing coaches who just happen to be at the game going up to parents of good young players and asking them to look into their school. I have seen this many times. 

Okay, so name me one school is not able to do this? We live in a new day and age. You have to be visible in order for students to want to come your program period. As long as there is no money or favors exchanges hands there is not problem. Especially in an open enrollment school district. It is the nature of the beast from East to West TN and around the country. 

7 hours ago, Laneman36 said:

Okay, so name me one school is not able to do this? We live in a new day and age. You have to be visible in order for students to want to come your program period. As long as there is no money or favors exchanges hands there is not problem. Especially in an open enrollment school district. It is the nature of the beast from East to West TN and around the country. 

Section 17. Athletic recruiting is prohibited. Athletic recruiting is the use of influence on a student or the parents or guardians of a student, by any person(s) directly or indirectly associated with the school, to secure or retain a student for athletic purposes. This comes from Section 17 of TSSAA handbook. If a parent seeks a school initially a coach can talk with student. A coach can not make first contact. Even in an open enrollment school district the coach can not make first ,initial, contact. Initial contact by coach is violation of recruiting. If a school is in his feeder progression he can talk with those students any time. Coaches really have no business at other school contests unless a feeder school of his is involved. And just because this has become the nature does not make it right. This has gotten way out of control.

Edited by hardtackle

17 hours ago, hardtackle said:

Section 17. Athletic recruiting is prohibited. Athletic recruiting is the use of influence on a student or the parents or guardians of a student, by any person(s) directly or indirectly associated with the school, to secure or retain a student for athletic purposes. This comes from Section 17 of TSSAA handbook. If a parent seeks a school initially a coach can talk with student. A coach can not make first contact. Even in an open enrollment school district the coach can not make first ,initial, contact. Initial contact by coach is violation of recruiting. If a school is in his feeder progression he can talk with those students any time. Coaches really have no business at other school contests unless a feeder school of his is involved. And just because this has become the nature does not make it right. This has gotten way out of control.

Finally ,someone who actually knows the rules.