Metro Rankings

bleacher

3 hours ago, 17NCS said:

Which metro teams will make the playoffs ?  PC, East, Cane Ridge and Hillsboro are typically in each year.  Any surprise teams on the rise.....  

Stratford made the 2nd round last year, deeper the  year before. McGavock has made the playoffs the  last 4 years. Hunters Lane made it back last year for  the first time  since Richard was there.

23 hours ago, 17NCS said:

Which metro teams will make the playoffs ?  PC, East, Cane Ridge and Hillsboro are typically in each year.  Any surprise teams on the rise.....  

Pearl-Cohn and Cane Ridge will be absolutely loaded.  I know both Stratford and East Nashville lost big groups from last year's teams but I also know that both will always be in the mix in 3A.  Hillsboro will be strong as always.  I really expect that Maplewood will have a strong bounce back season in 2020.  A team that people should keep an eye on is Hunters Lane.  They improved a lot as the year progressed last season and qualified for the state playoffs for the first time in a long time.  I believe they'll be much improved in year two under their new coach.  McGavock is also a school that in spite of playing in the largest class in the state is always competitive and makes the playoffs.  

• 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, fb247 said:

Why am I not surprised that a couple of metro football teams have been seen practicing. Why is it so hard to just follow a few simple rules. Stupidity or arrogance? Has to be one.

Teams all across the state are conditioning and lifting. I’m assuming your local government and school board has not ok’d it??

On 5/23/2020 at 3:51 PM, fb247 said:

Why am I not surprised that a couple of metro football teams have been seen practicing. Why is it so hard to just follow a few simple rules. Stupidity or arrogance? Has to be one.

Haven’t seen schools practicing but I’ve seen 7on7 groups and the kids who are in these summer groups doing conditioning. Can’t blame them and it’s not illegal

On 5/23/2020 at 8:16 PM, howdoitknow said:

Who will take the Whites Creek job?  It's very late in the game and the practice time before a potential season is going to be limited.  The region that they compete in is loaded.  Their best player is following his father to Hillwood.  

Hillwood be getting some transfers over the past few years. Hillsboro better watch out lol but I don’t think WC will have a team or coach. Principal is gone and it’s been talk about moving the kids to East Nashville’s schools “Hunters lane,East,Stratford,Maplewood

Edited by FBfan26

Is anyone hearing a possible date for Metro to allow kids back for conditioning?  I assumed we would get a date the week of June 8-12th for a modified return to conditioning.  You can still expect June 29th - July 5th to still be the dead period (no contact).  Doesn't leave much time to prep for the season or have 7 on 7 camps/tournaments.