Metro Rankings

bleacher

5 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

This would be a longshot but I wonder if two metro teams could play a Neutral site neutral site game out of metro or at a private school.

The private school part would not matter if you are playing another metro team if it is in Davidson county. They are saying no fans for the publics within the county. I think they should push the issue if they can secure a location outside the county. Make them show the real reason for not having fans.

McGavock had to jump through hoops to play at Goodpasture last night even though they were supposed to play at  Hillwood. Only a few miles away. Why would it matter who they play or where? Politics.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

The private school part would not matter if you are playing another metro team if it is in Davidson county. They are saying no fans for the publics within the county. I think they should push the issue if they can secure a location outside the county. Make them show the real reason for not having fans.

McGavock had to jump through hoops to play at Goodpasture last night even though they were supposed to play at  Hillwood. Only a few miles away. Why would it matter who they play or where? Politics.

I’m going to put that bug in someone’s ear and see how that talk goes but as far as McGavock that’s sad. I want know if they was trying to put some kind of stipulations with them playing GP. One team cancelled on to the next if you can pick up one smh.

On 9/14/2020 at 6:33 PM, FBfan26 said:

Kinda knew this information would come out soon or later. It’s looking like Metro will have no parents/fans/bands in the stands. The Metro Health dept and Mayor both had said 2 parents per student but I guess Mnps made their own rules which I can’t be mad. I’m glad the kids will have some kid of a season.

Are they allowing cheerleaders?

On 9/25/2020 at 7:45 AM, FBfan26 said:

Metro is ready for some football. Pc had a freshman game yesterday at Station camp and packed out the stands. Everybody had on masks and enjoyed hearing them pads pop

Glad to see there are at least some 9th grade programs still in existence. Those are vital to a school's varsity success, and should be more of a priority than they are at most places.

And P-C's freshmen are always fun to watch.

• Upvote 1

Other than PC, does any other Metro team have enough 9th grade players to field a 9th grade team?  

Regarding the PC vs Hillsboro game last Friday night.  Both teams fought hard and I thought it was a well played game.  The Burros had opportunities to close it out but failed in the clutch. Both teams should be proud of their performances.  

1 hour ago, 17NCS said:

Other than PC, does any other Metro team have enough 9th grade players to field a 9th grade team?  

Regarding the PC vs Hillsboro game last Friday night.  Both teams fought hard and I thought it was a well played game.  The Burros had opportunities to close it out but failed in the clutch. Both teams should be proud of their performances.  

Hillsboro, Cane Ridge, Mcgavock,  and East Nashville

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, PurplePanther said:

Watched JV game yesterday:  East vs Father Ryan.  East line is HUGE!  There has to be a minimum of 1500lbs on the line....easy!

East really has never had a small line especially the past 8+ years. JV game??? lol more like varsity kids playing JV getting extra reps. Can’t knock it

13 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

East really has never had a small line especially the past 8+ years. JV game??? lol more like varsity kids playing JV getting extra reps. Can’t knock it

I can understand if they had Varsity getting extra reps...they need it!  The BIGs were gassed in 1st qtr.  21-0 before FRHS put the freshmen in....then 28-0 before East scored the last 2 TDs....28-12 final.  Again....glad that any of metro can get reps!