Metro Rankings

bleacher

5 hours ago, BennyBones said:

Agreed.  Heard a really good coach say recently "There once was a time, players wanted to win State Championships, now all they care about is their own scholarship.

Me > Team philosophy. Sad.

Sadly, the kids aren't the only ones to blame.  Some Coaches promote this also.  Telling kids they are D1 when they are freshmen.  Other adults label them the same way through social media, 7 on 7 teams, camps, recruiting services, etc.  15-18 year olds are easily influenced.

12 minutes ago, 13sports said:

Sadly, the kids aren't the only ones to blame.  Some Coaches promote this also.  Telling kids they are D1 when they are freshmen.  Other adults label them the same way through social media, 7 on 7 teams, camps, recruiting services, etc.  15-18 year olds are easily influenced.

And so are many of their parents.

• Like 1

On 9/28/2021 at 1:24 PM, BennyBones said:

Agreed.  Heard a really good coach say recently "There once was a time, players wanted to win State Championships, now all they care about is their own scholarship.

Me > Team philosophy. Sad.

I refer to todays players and their parents as “STYLE OVER SUBSTANCE”. Most of them would much rather lose the game and look cool than win the game with a blue collar work ethic.  The days of hating to lose more than you like to win are gone forever!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, cbg said:

I refer to todays players and their parents as “STYLE OVER SUBSTANCE”. Most of them would much rather lose the game and look cool than win the game with a blue collar work ethic.  The days of hating to lose more than you like to win are gone forever!

Couldn't agree with this as well as what others have said.  Coaches, parents, players, society as whole emphasizes the me over the we. I know a lot of great coaches, who have recently decided to get out of the profession (high school and college), and wouldn't be surprised if more don't soon.  Those replacing them are cut from the same cloth as the players/parents.  It's cyclical.  I digress. 

Happy Football Friday eve. Any good match ups this week?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Fballfan1978 said:

I believe if you put a zone around just Antioch… those kids can win state championships but that just my opinion 

Let’s be honest and say that the private schools are going to get most of the really good Davidson County kids if they want them.  We aren’t even going to discuss the MNPS kids that attend school in another county by using an address other than where they live.  I am really not convinced that if you took the best kids that currently play at a MNPS there is enough talent to beat Oakland or Maryville.  

On 10/1/2021 at 9:38 PM, cbg said:

Let’s be honest and say that the private schools are going to get most of the really good Davidson County kids if they want them.  We aren’t even going to discuss the MNPS kids that attend school in another county by using an address other than where they live.  I am really not convinced that if you took the best kids that currently play at a MNPS there is enough talent to beat Oakland or Maryville.  

Take away the Nashville kids from Oakland and where would Oakland be? 

9 hours ago, EastNasty said:

Take away the Nashville kids from Oakland and where would Oakland be? 

IDK how many of Oaklands players live in Davidson County.  Since you seem to know why don’t you tell me how many of the Oakland players actually live in Davidson County? What i have heard from a retired coach is that Rutherford County is basically open zoned.  Every school offers a series of classes that none of the other schools in the county offer.