Metro Rankings

bleacher

Hurricane, for your first part there is no sour grapes or anything like that. I simply think the current staff is better. As far as taking over a team that hadn't done anything, I do believe EN had some success and J just took it further. But if you want to go there and say J built EN, why didn't he take Antioch when it was open or Overton? 

As for the race issue, don't bring it up to me. Go back and read some of my posts. There are plenty of good coaches from metro to mention of both races. There are plenty of bad ones too. I think the job Brunetti does at PC year in and year out sets the bar in metro. I think Armstrong is one of the best coaches metro has ever had. Richard Coure from WC did a great job back in the day. Great conversation going then race has to be brought up. That is the sad part. That's one of the reasons why I stayed away from the boards for awhile. This is supposed to be about football. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, workinprogress said:

Hurricane, for your first part there is no sour grapes or anything like that. I simply think the current staff is better. As far as taking over a team that hadn't done anything, I do believe EN had some success and J just took it further. But if you want to go there and say J built EN, why didn't he take Antioch when it was open or Overton? 

As for the race issue, don't bring it up to me. Go back and read some of my posts. There are plenty of good coaches from metro to mention of both races. There are plenty of bad ones too. I think the job Brunetti does at PC year in and year out sets the bar in metro. I think Armstrong is one of the best coaches metro has ever had. Richard Coure from WC did a great job back in the day. Great conversation going then race has to be brought up. That is the sad part. That's one of the reasons why I stayed away from the boards for awhile. This is supposed to be about football. 

What makes harris staff better than Stewart staff?

14 hours ago, workinprogress said:

CBG you of all people should know facts as you call them can be misleading. You're a businessman if I remember correctly. Data can always be manipulated to get the results you want. 

EN does indeed have the same record. However, to this point they really haven't played anyone worth gauging against. Looking at last years opponents to this point on the season, EN really had not played anyone of importance either. So the records don't really matter imo. What does matter is the level of coaching and the players. I think the current EN staff is better. But I think the senior heavy team of players from last year were better. As I'm sure you know, good coaching can help players grow. This week will be a great test. Should be a great way to see exactly where EN is and where they need to improve to make another deep playoff run. 

Yes, I am an entrepreneur and look and P&L’s everyday.  Data and statistics can and continue to be manipulated to ones advantage.  The problem is that I am as old school as they come and 2+2 will always equal 4.  I fully understand that East may not have played as strong of a schedule as in the past (that’s is a problem) but the fact remains they are undefeated.  Playing a tough schedule insures the team is battle tested entering the state playoffs.  I have always said that it’s the coaches job to make the schedule difficult enough that a team never goes undefeated as we all learn more from our losses that we ever do from our successes. 

1 hour ago, workinprogress said:

Truth hurts I guess. Why don't you go ask him that but taking an East team that never made it past the 2nd round isn't a ready made team compared to a team that went to back to back state championship. I want to see East and and all metro schools prosper , but it's clear backlash that the first thing said is they have good players it's never they can coach , when the roles are reversed it's always they are a well coached team . 

I never said he can't coach, just think Harris is better. Honestly, I think the job JS is doing at Centennial might be his best so far. He is doing an outstanding job at Centennial and has them looking prime for a deep playoff run.

As for his time at EN he had studs. Not saying anything at all about his coaching. But it's not a knock on him to say he had talent. You don't make it to a championship game without some dudes. 

If you look back at Glencliff when they were actually good, they had some dudes, Dobbins in particular. No knock on that staff, but the players made a huge difference. 

13 minutes ago, workinprogress said:

I never said he can't coach, just think Harris is better. Honestly, I think the job JS is doing at Centennial might be his best so far. He is doing an outstanding job at Centennial and has them looking prime for a deep playoff run.

As for his time at EN he had studs. Not saying anything at all about his coaching. But it's not a knock on him to say he had talent. You don't make it to a championship game without some dudes. 

If you look back at Glencliff when they were actually good, they had some dudes, Dobbins in particular. No knock on that staff, but the players made a huge difference. 

I have seen good coaches win with talent ,I have seen bad coaches win with talent, but I have never seen any coach win with bad talent.

3 hours ago, fb247 said:

I have seen good coaches win with talent ,I have seen bad coaches win with talent, but I have never seen any coach win with bad talent.

Then again, a good coach that can connect with the players and teach them in a way that the individual player can understand where they are supposed to be and what their role is can elevated a decent player to a better player.  Talent sometimes is not physical but what is between the ears.  

18 hours ago, Hurricane717 said:

Simpson is trying to rebuild a broken program and instill discipline which resulted in suspending his best players. It's a work in progress , hats off to him trying to rebuild my alma mater . On the contrary of what Harris did, he wanted a ready made team which is why he didn't take it the first time since he was option one which was previously mentioned . It took the last staffs success and development to make him take it this time , anybody can see that .  I'm not saying it's a bad thing but that's clear as day what it was , along with him not getting PC job no time soon. East returned a great group of kids so success was going to be there no matter who coached . Simpson was an option for east but he had already accepted the Maplewood job when East opened . Friday will be a real test this is the only team so far that is worth a nickel. East would be 5-0 if the custodian coached them.

You do know this team is young right? We talking Sophomore and juniors basically, with just a couple of seniors that really playing last year. & also your narrative of him wanting an already made team is false by the way.Harris had his reasons for not taking the east job a couple years ago, and trust me it wasn’t because of what East last staff did! Harris and staff had to strip down everything from the inside out and build back up because a lot of stuff wasn’t being done correctly for these kids. You are really fooling yourself if you think anyone would’ve had this type of success with this young team, installing a new offense with this young team who had no experience playing last year. By the way the East job was Harris to lose and that’s facts! Good luck to coach Simpson rebuilding Maplewood because that team I saw couple weeks ago needs it! 

Edited by EaggleNation
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, EaggleNation said:

You do know this team is young right? We talking Sophomore and juniors basically, with just a couple of seniors that really playing last year. & also your narrative of him wanting an already made team is false by the way.Harris had his reasons for not taking the east job a couple years ago, and trust me it wasn’t because of what East last staff did! Harris and staff had to strip down everything from the inside out and build back up because a lot of stuff wasn’t being done correctly for these kids. You are really fooling yourself if you think anyone would’ve had this type of success with this young team, installing a new offense with this young team who had no experience playing last year. By the way the East job was Harris to lose and that’s facts! Good luck to coach Simpson rebuilding Maplewood because that team I saw couple weeks ago needs it! 

This is comical. You can tell you a pearl dude who only like east now cause Harris do. The dislike you pearl people have for Stewart is crazy. You really sitting up here saying Harris is rebuilding this program is wild. Stewart left that program 10x better than when he got it from Waite. Stewart and staff did an excellent job with East. Everybody knows only downfall east had was the principal. Stewart and staff took a program who never been past the second round or won a region title and went to back to back state championships. Stewart is a small reason why metro schools are getting turf. Stewart would definitely be 5-0 with this team. Simpson took over his alma mater knowing it was in bad shape and knew this season would be a hard task. Give Simpson a couple years and Maplewood will be winning again. You can’t discredit a staff that went to back to back championships and was a few plays away from beating a team pearl is running from in Alcoa. 

Edited by 0000

52 minutes ago, 0000 said:

This is comical. You can tell you a pearl dude who only like east now cause Harris do. The dislike you pearl people have for Stewart is crazy. You really sitting up here saying Harris is rebuilding this program is wild. Stewart left that program 10x better than when he got it from Waite. Stewart and staff did an excellent job with East. Everybody knows only downfall east had was the principal. Stewart and staff took a program who never been past the second round or won a region title and went to back to back state championships. Stewart is a small reason why metro schools are getting turf. Stewart would definitely be 5-0 with this team. Simpson took over his alma mater knowing it was in bad shape and knew this season would be a hard task. Give Simpson a couple years and Maplewood will be winning again. You can’t discredit a staff that went to back to back championships and was a few plays away from beating a team pearl is running from in Alcoa. 

Not once did I mention Stewart name! Of course he did a good job with the team he had at East. These kids didn’t know what the weight room looked like before Harris got there so stop it dude with your talking! I’m pretty sure Harris and staff don’t care about what the previous staff done. Far as Maplewood time will tell but from what I seen it’s going to be a struggle!

Edited by EaggleNation
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, EaggleNation said:

Not once did I mention Stewart name! Of course he did a good job with the team he had at East. These kids didn’t know what the weight room looked like before Harris got there so stop it dude with your talking! I’m pretty sure Harris and staff don’t care about what the previous staff done. Far as Maplewood time will tell but from what I seen it’s going to be a struggle!

Stewart is the reason why the weight rooms looks the way it does. All those new racks he put in there. Harris doesn’t have to care about the previous staff. It’s you pearl people who want to keep making the comparison. Stop trying to discredit that staff for what they did in their short time there. That staff moved on to different schools and y’all still bringing them up. Pearl staff is the most underachieving staff ever. Supposedly Get the best kids every year in the city, win freshman championship every year but no state trophy so what does that say

Edited by 0000