Metro Rankings

bleacher

4 hours ago, Fballfan1978 said:

Sensing some bad racial vibes

That's unfortunate. You're either too sensitive or an idiot. I don't sense that at all. 

You got a staunch, liberal mayor bought in to the panic hype and trying to crush Nashville's economy so he can create a false narrative. That's what you got. There's nothing racial about it. These young men are in far more danger not playing football than they ever would be on the gridiron. Coronavirus be darned. 

I wish these young men could transfer to county schools and play their senior seasons. It's a travesty to rob them of that to try to win an election. Especially when theres no way it will ever pan out regardless. 

• Like 1

Metro Nashville Public Schools leadership is the biggest disgrace of this generation. They are completely disgusting to rob these kids of the life they've worked their fannies off for. I couldn't imagine my children having to attend such a disgusting, liberal cesspool. 

Edited by Swarm

12 hours ago, 17NCS said:

Metro practiced yesterday.  I think they get to have contact practices sometime this week as well.... 

Nope. They can pad up this week, but they are not allowed to touch (contact) each other. Basically they are only acclimating to the heat in pads. Will some schools violate this policy? Of course. And 17NCS I am confident you could name which ones will and which will not abide by whatever policies they are given. 

Roosevelt"s office is sending out a new report each week that tells you what you can do up to this point. Now we all know Roosevelt is not making these decisions. Who is?

Health Dept?, Mayor's office? Controlling political party? Who really knows, but they sure don't make logical sense.

Right now players may go in their locker room to retrieve their pads and helmets and put their pants on, but they must then walk outside to put their helmets and shoulder pads on. Their cannot be more that 10 in the locker room at a time and they must be social distanced within the  locker room. So if you dress 60 kids you better have 120 lockers at least.

Then once they pad up they have to completely avoid contacting each other throughout the entire practice and any surface they touch must be wiped down daily.

Football 2020

17 hours ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

Nope. They can pad up this week, but they are not allowed to touch (contact) each other. Basically they are only acclimating to the heat in pads. Will some schools violate this policy? Of course. And 17NCS I am confident you could name which ones will and which will not abide by whatever policies they are given. 

Roosevelt"s office is sending out a new report each week that tells you what you can do up to this point. Now we all know Roosevelt is not making these decisions. Who is?

Health Dept?, Mayor's office? Controlling political party? Who really knows, but they sure don't make logical sense.

Right now players may go in their locker room to retrieve their pads and helmets and put their pants on, but they must then walk outside to put their helmets and shoulder pads on. Their cannot be more that 10 in the locker room at a time and they must be social distanced within the  locker room. So if you dress 60 kids you better have 120 lockers at least.

Then once they pad up they have to completely avoid contacting each other throughout the entire practice and any surface they touch must be wiped down daily.

Football 2020

I am a retired coach so i have no clue who abides and who doesn't abide by the rules.  I haven't seen any high school teams hitting this season but i assumed hitting would be soon given teams play their first game on Friday.  It is a shame that other counties are at a competitive advantage over the metro squads but i am not surprised.  

7 minutes ago, 17NCS said:

I am a retired coach so i have no clue who abides and who doesn't abide by the rules.  I haven't seen any high school teams hitting this season but i assumed hitting would be soon given teams play their first game on Friday.  It is a shame that other counties are at a competitive advantage over the metro squads but i am not surprised.  

It is a shame for sure. Hopefully they won't have further political interference going forward. As it is now metro will be no worse for the wear come November but they may take a minute to get things on the right path for this season. 

I hate seeing politics bleed over into young people's life plan. As I said earlier MNPS leadership has the blood on their hands for buying into a political charade. These young men of which all us Tennesseans are rooting for have to overcome even further political hardship because of their own leaders. That is an embarrassment and so unfortunate. 

On 8/18/2020 at 5:08 PM, Swarm said:

Metro Nashville Public Schools leadership is the biggest disgrace of this generation. They are completely disgusting to rob these kids of the life they've worked their fannies off for. I couldn't imagine my children having to attend such a disgusting, liberal cesspool. 

So what about Montgomery County? What’s you take on them?

On 8/19/2020 at 2:50 PM, 17NCS said:

You may be retired, but you were with us long enough to know who does it the right way and who bends it their way.  Nothing changes in Metro but the faces. SSDD.

Metro cannot play games until September 11th currently and even that could change.  There is no guarantee they will be allowed to hit anyone right up to the day they play their first games. Set up for failure.

Everyone else can play tomorrow if they want to. 

14 hours ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

You may be retired, but you were with us long enough to know who does it the right way and who bends it their way.  Nothing changes in Metro but the faces. SSDD.

Metro cannot play games until September 11th currently and even that could change.  There is no guarantee they will be allowed to hit anyone right up to the day they play their first games. Set up for failure.

Everyone else can play tomorrow if they want to. 

Seems odd seeing other counties and the privates play ball this week.  I guess this is how the Big10 feel as the SEC, ACC and Big12 teams get ready for the season.  Hope this doesn't cause a kid to miss an opportunity for a college scholarship as the metro kids will not be as prepared as the teams they will be competing against.  I hope the Nashville mayor doesn't continue to kill the dreams of these young student athletes, band members, cheerleaders and their families.  

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Swarm said:

I do too but am not holding my breath. 

Don't hold your breath is a good idea. metro is still in no contact for another week. not only are teams playing game all around metro, but now it looks like first game will be pushed back. original plan was no contact until after labor day and first game sept. 25th, looks like best bet for season. Very sad for coaches and players to have been practicing no contact since week after july 4th.

7 minutes ago, fb247 said:

Don't hold your breath is a good idea. metro is still in no contact for another week. not only are teams playing game all around metro, but now it looks like first game will be pushed back. original plan was no contact until after labor day and first game sept. 25th, looks like best bet for season. Very sad for coaches and players to have been practicing no contact since week after july 4th.

Cooper is not going to let them play. When he cancelled fans at Titan games you know it is over. Vote that liberal out. All numbers are going down, so move on and play.