Metro Rankings

bleacher

On 7/29/2020 at 1:24 PM, TheSpoon said:

So the mayor has no say over metro Nashville public schools playing football? 

He is probably the problem in public. He has no say over private schools obviously. He is a piece of work I will tell you. Encouraged all the massive protests.

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

He is probably the problem in public. He has no say over private schools obviously. He is a piece of work I will tell you. Encouraged all the massive protests.

The county public health director does have say over private schools and since the MBA Headmaster signed the letter representing the Nashville private schools, MBA and the other private will not play until September 11 at the earliest.

16 minutes ago, fredjones said:

The county public health director does have say over private schools and since the MBA Headmaster signed the letter representing the Nashville private schools, MBA and the other private will not play until September 11 at the earliest.

So you are saying the county health department has made a recommendation that they put things off until Labor Day?? You are saying all private schools have to abide by this??

21 hours ago, fredjones said:

Incorrect. MBA headmaster can only speak for his school. He has absolutely Zero authority assigned with any other school. He did not sign it as a representative of any other school. Most if not all of the  other privates had no knowledge of that letter or anything within it until it was released to the public. That title means nothing except to him. The Division 2 ADs are meeting to discuss further.

Edited by MichaelMyers76

1 hour ago, fb247 said:

As of today metro schools are playing a five game regular schedule.

Nashville has joined the liberal wing of this country. Just go ahead and drop all sports until you get your vaccine. Cooper has done a great job of destroying what was once a great city.

I have heard metro coaches and athletic directors at each high school are presenting a plan to begin sports earlier than the plan now. Probably will fall on deaf ears though. This plan allows for first game to be Sept. 11th and contact practice to begin the 17th of Aug. Still missing first 3 games. 

Edited by hardtackle

On 8/2/2020 at 6:28 AM, hardtackle said:

I have heard metro coaches and athletic directors at each high school are presenting a plan to begin sports earlier than the plan now. Probably will fall on deaf ears though. This plan allows for first game to be Sept. 11th and contact practice to begin the 17th of Aug. Still missing first 3 games. 

Hope this will happen . When will a decision be made? I see where memphis is not starting on time.