Metro Rankings

bleacher

Stratford has beaten every opponent on their schedule and has a legit shot at 10-0. Where were they 2 years ago before Fitzgerald came?

To say these other teams would or could beat them is merely jealousy. Stratford is not loaded with talent. But they are tough and now have a chance to go far in the playoffs.

PC is talented and are tough kids. I only would pick SHS over them because of Fitz.

CR is talented and on a roll. Never considered them as tough before.

Mpw is overachieving.

OVT has talent but are soft.

Hboro is very talented and may still go deep in the playoffs

Hey yall are the ones who started the talk. Not once before had have we said we would beat startford or slender their name. We know what Fitz would do but we also know first hand what we can do. No Hate from our end. It just seems like some people who are not use to winning talking crazy like we "PC" ain't nothing when they haven't seen us play once. Only way you can compare stratford and PC is common opponents. Then Overton is like another LaVergne to me. I respect all metro even our rivals and sad to say SHS is not one. It maybe a big game for the city but to us nah.... Edited by FBfan26

First of Carter is the top player in Metro by a wide margin, to argue otherwise is just not being honest.  PC doesn't have a player on the same player as Carter. Lets be honest. Looking at the teams side by side Stratford would have better backs (carter), DB's, DL and OL. I would call QB play even and PC having better WR's. Stratford would beat PC up physically while having the athletes to and pass rushers to shut down PC pass game completely.  By comparison I see Marshall County is being at least 10 points better than PC and Stratford beat Marshall County up pretty good physically. 

Common opponents is a poor way to judge teams. Bama beat Tennessee worse than UK. Does that mean UK is better than Tennessee? Stratford played CPA at CPA after a physical and emotional win over the 2nd best 4A team in the state.  They got multiple tds called back and didn't execute on a bunch of scoring opportunities.  With that said, Stratford isn't the most mature team week in and week out and play to their comp. But in a one game situation, like the Marshall County game, I would def take stratford over pc bc they are bigger, tougher and have the best player in Metro.

First of Carter is the top player in Metro by a wide margin, to argue otherwise is just not being honest. PC doesn't have a player on the same player as Carter. Lets be honest. Looking at the teams side by side Stratford would have better backs (carter), DB's, DL and OL. I would call QB play even and PC having better WR's. Stratford would beat PC up physically while having the athletes to and pass rushers to shut down PC pass game completely. By comparison I see Marshall County is being at least 10 points better than PC and Stratford beat Marshall County up pretty good physically.

This comment alone lets use know you haven't seen us in person. O YEAH you forgetting about the kid at East...Best player in metro Edited by FBfan26

Common opponents is a poor way to judge teams. Bama beat Tennessee worse than UK. Does that mean UK is better than Tennessee? Stratford played CPA at CPA after a physical and emotional win over the 2nd best 4A team in the state. They got multiple tds called back and didn't execute on a bunch of scoring opportunities. With that said, Stratford isn't the most mature team week in and week out and play to their comp. But in a one game situation, like the Marshall County game, I would def take stratford over pc bc they are bigger, tougher and have the best player in Metro.

I can agree to disagree. That's your opinion and I respect that. Hopefully next year we can get this game going and I would love to put a bill down on that game! O yea and welcome to Coach T Edited by FBfan26

Bleacher one could argue before Fitz they were playing with kids who came to the school. Now the kids are coming because of Fitzgerald. I would guess in two years Stratford has seen more transfers than the previous ten years combined. Now the job he has done is great and the kids want to play for him. Also got to look at the schedule, take out MC and who have they really played. Going 8-0 so far is good and hope they go far. But they are not any better than hills boro, overton, PC, or CR.

East Nashville has always been full of talent. Before Fitzgerald, Stratford was getting robbed! Now they're are more staying home to mix with a few transfers. Every metro school has kids out of zone nowadays...

I can agree to disagree. That's your opinion and I respect that. Hopefully next year we can get this game going and I would love to put a bill down on that game! O yea and welcome to Coach T

I can't agree to disagree! MC 2nd best team in 4A please. This game won't happen next year Stratford will duck us for at least two more years.

Fitzgerald is the difference in those two programs, and he is the reason those two programs are successful right now.

PC was a doormat before Fitzgerald turned them around and built a powerhouse there. Stratford's once proud tradition had fallen to become a laughing stock and an embarrassment before Fitzgerald revitalized the Spartans.

Stratford still lacks the support needed to be truly elite. The community is slowly embracing them again. But if SHS and PC teed it up, my money is on the team coached by Fitzgerald...

NPA and a little recruiting will help

Edited by eers

After seeing PC being blown out by 50 points with running clock twice in the last 9 games is not really striking fear into other metro teams, Im pretty sure nobody will be ducking PC. This is hardly the PC teams that everybody feared in the late 90's. Those guys were brutal.

OK I hope you're close to Stratford program and tell them to put us on their schedule it's simple frog. We play a tough non region schedule unlike Stratford.
  • Upvote 1