Metro Rankings

bleacher

9 minutes ago, runtheball said:

Open zone has killed metro football. Players should be allowed to go to school anywhere they want but only play in their zoned school if people want it competitive like it once was. Otherwise it is going to stay like it is. The teams with the best players win. Got nothing to do with coaching . Some schools are playing against teams that not one player on their team could start for their opponent. The playing field is so unlevel.

Edited by runtheball

5 minutes ago, runtheball said:

Open zone has killed metro football. Players should be allowed to go to school anywhere they want but only play in their zoned school if people won't it competitive like it once was. Otherwise it is going to stay like it is. The teams with the best players win. Got nothing to do with coaching . Some schools are playing against teams that not one player on their team could start for their opponent. 

What???? :roll:  So go to any school you want but play for where you are zoned, do you know how asinine that sounds?

over 95% of the schools in the state of Tennessee are open zoned so why has it only affected metro football?  The coaching comment is crap because I've seen teams with not the best players beat teams they shouldn't with hardwork, coaching, schemes, and playing assignment football

• Like 2

Good to see Mcgavock turning around. 

CR and East are pretty good

PC needs a superhero to be dominant, injuries or not they still have some of the best athletes on the field , they will win the next couple of games cause their region is terrible other than Tullahoma and Marshall who both are average at best . They definitely have success to come in this region but I'll bet a steak dinner they run back to 3A!

Hillsboro is having a tough time but they have lost several starters as well but I still saw them beating SC. It's a rough road ahead of them as well 

Overton is still a toss up.

Good for HL for the best start in years 

Everyone else is below par .... 

1 hour ago, Hurricane717 said:

PC needs a superhero to be dominant, injuries or not they still have some of the best athletes on the field , they will win the next couple of games cause their region is terrible other than Tullahoma and Marshall who both are average at best . They definitely have success to come in this region but I'll bet a steak dinner they run back to 3A!

Let’s see 5 starters out against CR, 8 starters out against MBA. Superhero no we just need everyone back and healthy. Far as our region people thought that last year and tullahoma won it! I doubt PC goes back to 3A anytime soon.

• 2 weeks later...

It is amazing to me how bad Metro football has become. Cane RIdge and East are easily the two best. Pearl is down but still 3rd.

Overton is Ok. but is playing a weak schedule so far other than Centennial.

McGavock is 3-1 but play a horribly weak schedule. Two of those wins are against absolutely terrible Hillwood and Stratford teams. The teams they play are a combined 14-25 so far and that is because the three teams in their region that beat them last year and will again this year all have 3 wins each.

Hunters Lane, Maplewood, Antioch and Glencliff are bad. Hillsboro has no offense. Whites Creek is playing 2A and still can't win.

Can't blame it on Covid anymore. Just really bad football.