WB vs Maryville Middle school tonight. Predicted scores and offers

32hammer

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many AMS starting QB's became the Maryville varsity QB's......I'm not sure of true number, but I can think of several. The AMS even supplied Heritage, WB and GB QB's in the last 10 years.

Off top of my head....

Maryville - Robinette, Ensley,???

WB - Owens

Greenback - Goodson

I'm sure there's others....????

I think it all happened after the NFL allowed free agency in 1992. Now after the son complete's all that free training from the  coaches that are working hard towards supplying a certain high school with players then good old "AGENT DAD" steps into the picture and takes the kid to the free agency market where they can determine where his skills will be better suited for and the most playing time possible. That seem's to be the way I've been seeing it for a while I believe.

I think it all happened after the NFL allowed free agency in 1992. Now after the son complete's all that free training from the  coaches that are working hard towards supplying a certain high school with players then good old "AGENT DAD" steps into the picture and takes the kid to the free agency market where they can determine where his skills will be better suited for and the most playing time possible. That seem's to be the way I've been seeing it for a while I believe.

I think you see this happening with QB's more so then any other position. With the all the "QB Coaches" and camps kids are looking around for the best fit for them. its kind of the nature of the position as well. Only one QB can play. its so different from any other position on the field where you have multiple spots at linebacker, receiver,O/Dline, ETC. 

How many AMS starting QB's became the Maryville varsity QB's......I'm not sure of true number, but I can think of several. The AMS even supplied Heritage, WB and GB QB's in the last 10 years.

Off top of my head....

Maryville - Robinette, Ensley,???

WB - Owens

Greenback - Goodson

I'm sure there's others....????

Owens came from Alcoa?

It's been a few years since I have seen a middle school game. But as I remember, there was a significant difference in the number of coaches at the MS vs the HS. I think I also remember more coaches for some of the youth teams than what the MS is willing to pay for. I imagine it's a challenge for 4-5 guys to coach 40-60. In other words...when all else is equal, the old ball coach at the HS is a difference maker. But in 90% of the games all else is not equal. IMO-the commitment at the HS is the difference maker in most games, practices, and off seasons. Nothing against any individuals, but money talks and...

It's been a few years since I have seen a middle school game. But as I remember, there was a significant difference in the number of coaches at the MS vs the HS. I think I also remember more coaches for some of the youth teams than what the MS is willing to pay for. I imagine it's a challenge for 4-5 guys to coach 40-60. In other words...when all else is equal, the old ball coach at the HS is a difference maker. But in 90% of the games all else is not equal. IMO-the commitment at the HS is the difference maker in most games, practices, and off seasons. Nothing against any individuals, but money talks and...

It's the system... It all started 20 years ago when MLR formed the 7-8 year old team and exposed them to GQ's playbook!