District 9-AA 2016-2017

essencOFtruth

Impossible is a strong word . Anything is possible . Bo goes down for maplewood . Big boy for whites creek goes down . Anybody's game then ., blue devils play region in own gym . All thur shooters get hot for thre games you never know . Basketball a crazy sport . The three ball is an equalizer . Region is a long ways away also .

Cleggy , do you mean White House or East literature being good ...

I would say the Devils haven't been good since the 07-08 season .....

One could argue that "great equalizer" was actually their DOWNFALL as they hadn't had a winning season since , if memory serves me right , 6-4 district record that year as well , and they have won 7 distrixt wins two yeas consecutively the past two years ..... so I'm guessing you were meaning east lit good, they still are ....

Cleggy , do you mean White House or East literature being good ...

I would say the Devils haven't been good since the 07-08 season .....

One could argue that "great equalizer" was actually their DOWNFALL as they hadn't had a winning season since , if memory serves me right , 6-4 district record that year as well , and they have won 7 distrixt wins two yeas consecutively the past two years ..... so I'm guessing you were meaning east lit good, they still are ....

I did indeed mean that about East Lit.  White House wouldn't have had a chance in that game if they didn't play that way.  In fact, East played it right along with them and it almost cost them.  So, with that in mind, anything is possible regarding 9AA vs. 10AA.  But this thread is, or should be, about 9AA.  There is plenty of time to debate regional match ups on down the road.  Historically though 9AA hasn't had much success against 10AA.  Talent disparity is always large and wide each year.

Let's try this, who are the potential POY's in 9AA?

no one from cc since they are all hurt I am sorry to hear that love watching them play for that coach

sycamore again no one

harpeth idk much about them we have never played them

greenbrier has a kid not sure his name or number but he was a soph or jr  last year so I know hes back and was pretty good last year

westmoreland has a big body post player who actually impressed me some again idk his name as I only keep with one team from this district because some of their kids play aau with our kids

heritage as the guy that played wr for them he is decent at times he has decent scoring nights because he is all they have, if you just look at box scores he impresses but if you watch the game its not overwhelming 

wh has the freshman from last year that made all tourny dont know if he is doing anything this year or not I was at the MLK game and he was a no show there but I never base anything on one game if you know basketball at all you can never do that, also they have the tall lanky sr would be first choice probably with Morgan moving on to prep school.

so all in all a couple teams have no one view teams have a workhorse and one team has 2 shots but who knows and who really cares because this isnt golf or tennis and if all you are looking for is individual accomplishment then you are in the wrong sport its a team game and tournament game at that so its way too early to be worrying about MVP or whatever they call it..I will say this of those players mentioned whichever one of them have the best record, is who will win the award

Your right Cleggy , region is an eternity away ....

POY .... hmmmm

Have to agree with informer in terms of "MVP" will prob come

From the regular season Champion .... unless someone just separates themselves individually ....

Who does everyone play this week ?

I know White House finally playing a home game in their new gym tomorrow against Portland so that is where I will be ....

Then maplewood on Friday , Springfield on Saturday for the Devils ....

I don't think any of us can disagree that they have had the toughest schedule of the bunch before district play ...

Sorry "renovated " gym * ... new look

, bleachers , and goals

White House beat Portland 57-39 (38-17 in 2nd half)

Looking forward to seeing the renovated gym. Did they get new lights as well >?  Hopefully the visitor side bleachers are better... its hard to see over the rails.  White House is hosting the District and Regionals this year > guess that gym will see a lot of action.  Hope its big enough.

White Horse got the win over P town but looked like a slow start for WH. yeah 38-17 in the last two quarters but 1st two quarters got outscored 22-19. Guess it takes a while to get the 3 pointers to fall.  Somebody must have lit it up in the 4th. Heritage beat em by 30.

I hope all is well at Cheatham. Hate to hear about hurt players. Heal quick boys.

Harpeth has a murderous schedule for the first of the year.  Should toughen them up for district play. although WH will have three tough ones in a row this next week as well.

Greenbrier is still a mystery to me... and against everything in me I somehow feel they might be pretty good this yr... all teams must be aware. 

Heritage 4-1 has played soft and hard teams so far this season....one loss to a scrappy Springfield team that went down to the last .9 seconds. Beat East Hickman and Smith co  both LONG road games.   Love that Smith co gym though.  Smith co had a returning District MVP on team cant Jalen something. That kid was really something. 

Sycamore - has anyone on the team scored in double digits yet...may be a team that will have to gel together and maybe improve as the year wears on.  They always scrap.

Westmoreland-  I wish someone from there would post something here about them.  I'm sure they are young in spots from last years loss of I think 6 seniors.  Never count them out defensively.

Speaking of defense I just saw where WH Heritage was ranked 6th in the state this season in defense . allowing just 39 point per game so far. Ill take it.

OK big question.....Who gonna shine in district play??  The time is drawing near.

District Play begins next week !! Looking forward to watching some of these games and matchups

I was at the White House / Portland Game Tuesday Night They had a big crowd as they did an Alumni Night and was quite a spectacle......Didn't realize the great JoJo Dabbs had over 2,800 points that is some scoring ........The gym did seem to have new lights and was brighter.... There is now a "cage" on those rails "new blue" so does hinder some sight in first row or two.......As far as big enough, I believe it is bigger then the cracker jack box of lipscomb gym that this region was played in last year......

White House just seemed to play everyone 12-13 players and wore down Portland. Only 3/6 of their seniors even dressing. Really only 2 play.....4 sophomores play a majority of the minutes, might take some lumps but should be much improved and better come tournament time and years to come...... They played less players in second half..... Two of the sophomores Pond and Ward had to have hit 6-8 threes between them in the second half after not shooting any in the first half.... It was like a tie game, near end of third.... If you would have looked down or went to the bathroom when you came back Portland was down 10-12 in a matter of 4-5 possessions.....Makes me think if you wanna beat white house in that gym, you better get out to a lead because at some point  they going to get hot, and can change the whole game in a matter of 1-3 minutes....

Sycamore - beat MLK at home other night, had to be a great game for them or bad for MLK either way that is a Quality , take notice win

Players I think should shine or their teams could struggle........

Sycamore- James

Westmoreland- Pippen (big body post), Garrison - heard grew even more tall wing....

Cheatham- Would have been Mayberry, but now HAS to be Saunders

Heritage- Demarais (spelling??) , and Upton got to make them chug

Harpeth- Gibbs and Copeland

Greenbrier- By committee but Richardson and Cline

White House- Cole and Ward

Good Luck to all, might be a race to 7 wins this year to win regular season and to get that bye to region this year....