AP Class 1A Top 10 Sept 26 2016

Southtowner

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I originally had them there, but a 40 point loss to a good Milan team is why I dropped them a little more. The west is loaded, but I believe these Greenback and SP teams could be a little better than we thought. The 2016 championship game will be the closest an east team has come since 2013.

Don't short change us..... It was 44 points!!😀

I have seen some of the top teams in the west and the top teams in east will give them all that they want this year imo. Should be a good championship this year regardless who it is that represents the east or the west. But I agree with o&b NCS should not be in the top ten and Harriman should.

The only time SP has been beat by 21 points or more in a title game was by Brentwood Academy.  

The only time SP has been beat by 21 points or more in a title game was by Brentwood Academy.[/ote]It might not happen but in my humble opinion the west top teams are 3tds better than the east top teams. No mercy rule game this year but the same result. I am not taking anything away from So Pitt or Greenback but I believe the west is just better this year. Still plenty of football to be played and I've been wrong before. That's why they play the games. Good luck to all teams.

Edited by lakecounty1968

The only time SP has been beat by 21 points or more in a title game was by Brentwood Academy.[/ote]It might not happen but in my humble opinion the west top teams are 3tds better than the east top teams. No mercy rule game this year but the same result. I am not taking anything away from So Pitt or Greenback but I believe the west is just better this year. Still plenty of football to be played and I've been wrong before. That's why they play the games. Good luck to all teams.

I won't say how much better the west is than the east if any at all. When the scores start coming in from the playoffs there will be one from the east that will stand out and seperate from the rest. We're all basing the east on last year, that won't be accurate because whose to say that they ain't much better while the west is standing at about the same strength. Peabody did win out from the far west but was nowhere near the same league as NCS. WC gave NCS their toughest game and I don't think NCS is as good as last year and defensively I don't think WC is but offensively I think WC is better. I'm not saying any of our west teams are bad because we know better, but I can't argue that the east hasn't closed the gap, only time will tell.

Edited by wildcat89

Guest hevyrevy1611

Gotta LUV IT! Since football (and the humans who play this wonderful game) is so unpredictable I will NEVER go to Vegas (or anywhere else) and bet on any game. But I do luv being an armchair prognosticator & predictor of games. And fun smack-talker. (You outta see me at our games. Ha!) And I'll always be a homer. Go Dresden Lions! #1 all the way!

Where you a cheerleader in high school?? Just kidding--best of luck to your Lions as the year plays out. Looks like you have a very strong team this year and will contend for a chance to play for it all in Cookeville!!

hevy is a great fan for the Lions and will stand up for his boys anywhere anytime

I agree that Dresden stands a solid chance at playing in December this year. They just have to get past a very tough region and the rest of the west first. I for one will be in the Lion's corner should they get that far but. ......I'm trusting my Tornadoes will be there instead.