Knoxville Catholic...

fredjones

He's defending the school because his child graduated from there. People are getting on here calling Catholic cowards and cheaters etc etc. So be it everyone is entitled too their thoughts after all it's a social media board. My oldest daughter played basketball for Catholic. She was on that bus that flipped over just going to Gatlinburg to play a game. As a parent that's a call you never want to receive that your child is in danger. So for people to say it's not about the traveling to me it is. Multiple trips out of town with a coach usually driving the bus, that's is not safe and I'm not talking just football or basketball it would impact other sports. You demanded that Irishbball stop defending the school but yet you criticize, until you've been in that situation with a sheriff calling your house telling you your child was hurt (and I truly hope that you or no one on here ever experiences what I went through) then you'll never get it. Private or not to me it's all about the safety of my child.

how bout you stop using personal experiences to defend a completely unrelated event.. a bus flipping over and a private school choosing to stay public are 2 unrelated events.. i understand how thats bad but maybe it was the drivers fault, or inclement weather.. there are many teams within this state including public schools that travel alot on weekdays and its not a problem so the "travel costs or travel danger" excuse is bs there is no other way around it

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

stop defending KC... Everyone knows they are running from competition bc there's no way funding is a problem so that's the only answer that is plausible

I like the way you keep throwing out that funding isn't a problem. That's laughable! If funding wasn't an issue then why are the kids of sports other than football selling cookie dough, coupon books ,pancake breakfasts, car washes, etc.? I'll be the first to admit we've got great facilities but it's not like we have a money tree. Again, I think you're basing your comments strictly on football but there are 17 other sports to consider. You've been real quick to point out that lots of other schools travel throughout the school week but I don't realistically think you have many teams at all spending 5-6 hours on a bus during the week on a consistent basis. Care to name them???

STARS.....somehow has even started Garbage services in Alcoa? A player with the name Cobb and A.Davis?....must be adding Cable TV to the package???...hmm.

I asked out loud at A Maryville game how Cobb ended up @ Maryville and his Dad was sitting right down in front of me and told me that he had been in their system for years.Nice guy.

I like the way you keep throwing out that funding isn't a problem. That's laughable! If funding wasn't an issue then why are the kids of sports other than football selling cookie dough, coupon books ,pancake breakfasts, car washes, etc.? I'll be the first to admit we've got great facilities but it's not like we have a money tree. Again, I think you're basing your comments strictly on football but there are 17 other sports to consider. You've been real quick to point out that lots of other schools travel throughout the school week but I don't realistically think you have many teams at all spending 5-6 hours on a bus during the week on a consistent basis. Care to name them???

basically most of the d2aa schools have long bus rides for playoff and region games so theres that and this also goes for other sports not including football... public schools travel as well especially in basketball season.. im saying funding isnt a problem bc like all other large private schools monetary wise catholic is fine, probably more so than d2 schools with the catholic church's backing.. and the reason they sell dough i bc all the funding goes to football haha

basically most of the d2aa schools have long bus rides for playoff and region games so theres that and this also goes for other sports not including football... public schools travel as well especially in basketball season.. im saying funding isnt a problem bc like all other large private schools monetary wise catholic is fine, probably more so than d2 schools with the catholic church's backing.. and the reason they sell dough i bc all the funding goes to football haha

You kind of proved my point. No problem with bus rides for playoffs but not for regular district games. Very few schools spend 5-6 hours on a bus for regular season games whether public or private.

I love the illusion you have that the church is pumping untold funds into our programs. Rumor has it that Coach Matthews has a Vatican credit card to conduct all his football business. I think all the church's money is going to be tied up buying out Brian Kelly's contract and bringing in a top notch coach since they get somewhat more exposure than KCHS. LOL

You kind of proved my point. No problem with bus rides for playoffs but not for regular district games. Very few schools spend 5-6 hours on a bus for regular season games whether public or private.

I love the illusion you have that the church is pumping untold funds into our programs. Rumor has it that Coach Matthews has a Vatican credit card to conduct all his football business. I think all the church's money is going to be tied up buying out Brian Kelly's contract and bringing in a top notch coach since they get somewhat more exposure than KCHS. LOL

Irishbball ..I thought it was you that stated all the parents that make high 2 figures and alot that make 3 figurea and a few that make 7 figures ..