Unaka at Greenback

orngnblk

I hear they were discouraged from continuing to play...some didn't play FB at all due to being discouraged...in these small schools, all sports need their athletes playing and all coaches need to support the other sports...

well, except for baseball...I mean who likes baseball anyways[/quote

Me,pujo,gr8tplay,crazzyness,and ole cteam just to name a few. Baseball needs the same support, especially at small schools. Athletes have to be shared for other sports to be successful.

The rest will play.

Jellico has 14 Seniors that would love to play another game,  We beat their 2nd and 3rd place team Oakdale and Hancock co.  If Jellico was in that district we would be playing Oneida at home Friday Night,  Lol

Edited by OleBlue

I hear they were discouraged from continuing to play...some didn't play FB at all due to being discouraged...in these small schools, all sports need their athletes playing and all coaches need to support the other sports...

well, except for baseball...I mean who likes baseball anyways

I bet you voted for Hillary, didn't ya????

Me,pujo,gr8tplay,crazzyness,and ole cteam just to name a few. Baseball needs the same support, especially at small schools. Athletes have to be shared for other sports to be successful.

I bet you voted for Hillary, didn't ya????

I knew that post would bring you all out! I'm also a "red commie"  

:roflol:

Edited by uknoit2

if they were discouraged or just quit so as to not get injured before basketball season i think the post season ban for boys sports should stand. Share your athletes! one sport isnt more important than any others. Any staff member or coach who discourages kids from playing a sport they want to play so they are healthy for another sport should be fired plain and simple. Its not about you its about the kids. If thats true teach em a lesson and ban their post season in that sport!

I have been on the side getting beat by 50, and the side beating someone by 50.  This is the way high school sports is, especially in the first round of the playoffs.

The TSSAA has set up this system for the playoffs.  Go play the game, run the clock at the start of the second half, shake hands, then turn in your equipment and go to basketball practice on Monday.

Why do we make things so hard sometimes.

Since Unaka filed an appeal, I bet they are granted it and nothing will be done at all.

And " nothing will be done at all " is exactly what should happen. Unaka has never pretended to be anything other than a struggling team. The morons at T$$AA are the ones trying to pretend they are a playoff team. Exactly what would be accomplished by rounding up a dozen kids just to have them steamrolled by Greenback ? They are already demoralized and on life support. The kids have had enough , can anyone really blame them ? Rather than whine about them not showing up consider they may have done you ( Greenback ) a favor. No chance of injury or ejection by not playing a meaningless game. I spent a year on a 1 and 10 team another lifetime ago and it didn't take much to get the fights going the last couple of games. A Neanderthal like me and some of my teammates back in the 70's could have easily caused a couple of the stars to miss the next game or two when the sure to happen brawl resulted in multiple ejections. I'm hoping GB players just forget this forum and get ready for round 2. The goal in tournament play is to advance with as little damage as possible to the next round. Mission accomplished. Good luck.

And " nothing will be done at all " is exactly what should happen. Unaka has never pretended to be anything other than a struggling team. The morons at T$$AA are the ones trying to pretend they are a playoff team. Exactly what would be accomplished by rounding up a dozen kids just to have them steamrolled by Greenback ? They are already demoralized and on life support. The kids have had enough , can anyone really blame them ? Rather than whine about them not showing up consider they may have done you ( Greenback ) a favor. No chance of injury or ejection by not playing a meaningless game. I spent a year on a 1 and 10 team another lifetime ago and it didn't take much to get the fights going the last couple of games. A Neanderthal like me and some of my teammates back in the 70's could have easily caused a couple of the stars to miss the next game or two when the sure to happen brawl resulted in multiple ejections. I'm hoping GB players just forget this forum and get ready for round 2. The goal in tournament play is to advance with as little damage as possible to the next round. Mission accomplished. Good luck.

Maj, I'm really not on either side of this fence....Just making a point that the TSSAA will likely cave on it's decision.

You do make good points as have many on here...But rules are rules and should be enforced.

I still say there is more to this than just kids deciding they don't want to play anymore 

My thing is unaka knew they were terrible before the season started, TSSAA has a procedure to notify them you will not be participating in post season play if desired. They chose to enter the season slated for playoff seeding and we're placed in a bracket before they notified anyone so yes they should serve any bans given just like anyone else has done in the past for any number of other violations.

As for banning basketball, you gotta make the penalty sting somehow, it's not like you can ban the football team from post season play. Heck when they do make it you can't even talk them into playing.

Edited by crow