Regions Announced: 1A

BoardHater71

Plus... it's now separated Greenback and Midway in all sports. The two schools have been in the same District and/or Region in athletics for 30+ years, basically since Blount Co. consolidated to form WB and Heritage.

Then basketball, baseball, softball being put in Region 1/District 2(total of 6 teams). What was R2(D3 & D4) is now District 3(w/ 9 teams) and what was District 5 is now the new District 4. Some say it looks good for some of our struggling programs the last few years but it strangles the financial side of it because of travel and quite possibly our gate also.

And then our poor girls soccer team's new district...travel, travel...besides the two closest(Tellico & Sweetwater) there's Bledsoe Co., Polk Co. and Sales Creek.

How hard would it have been for T$$AA to use the District/Region alignments from the last couple of years and tweak it a little here and a little there based on the new enrollment numbers? Oh wait, that's to easy. Surely the privates that left for DII wouldn't have shook up the alignments this darn crazy...

Well what Alot of people don't realize is that in 1A (I'm talking basketball/baseball/softball), the entirety of Region 8 teams (17-18 schools) are inside Memphis. Before, that was just the case for District 16. That made it to where every other district had to be shifted to accommodate. There was no other way.

That said, personally, I think it's a crock that every single district in A has to go through huge changes and lose old rival match-ups all because Memphis has a bunch of upstart STEM and charter schools who may it may not even still exist in 5 years, coupled with Memphis public schools whose enrolment are so fluid and unstable that a school can go from an enrolment of 1000+ down to 300 and back up to 1000 in a matter of 3 or 4 years.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's over an hour and a half from WC to Middleton and close to two hours from Middleton to Cwood

Thanks for the insight! Totally forgot about Collinwood but Middleton got robbed to the point where I feel bad for those guys and their fans. Congratulations on the win against Gordonsville! Heard things got a little spicy! Goodluck this week and congrats to Rice on breaking the record!

Thanks for the insight! Totally forgot about Collinwood but Middleton got robbed to the point where I feel bad for those guys and their fans. Congratulations on the win against Gordonsville! Heard things got a little spicy! Goodluck this week and congrats to Rice on breaking the record!

Thanks! I was looking at the travel and it will take at least two hours to get to PC also

Guest hevyrevy1611

That's why I asking what I did. Is there a way to make them care? To listen? (Phone calls, email, letters, visits, etc?) And who are decision makers? One person, or a group? And is it only school & sports officials these decision makers listen too? Or can regular, common folk get their ear? If TSSAA only listens to school officials then it'd be a matter of us putting a bug in the ear of and a fire under the bottom of our local school officials, right? Or Board of education? Coaches? ..Who? ..what is the protocol? Pathway & steps to help bring about needed change? Who to talk to? ..and Who does the talking?

Edited by hevyrevy1611

I like new Reg 7 for Dresden. Seven teams. Gonna have 6 regional games and 4 outside games. I suggest for non-region games we play our traditional rivals of Westview (3A), Union City (2A), Trenton-Peabody (2A), & McKenzie (2A). Talk about strength of schedule- dude! Plus it's not far away to travel, would be well attended games, and these tough, worthy teams would hone our Lions, making us better & better & ready for playoffs. (Provided of course we finish in top four. Ha!)

I feel the same way.I believe Lake Co will continue playing Halls who they have played forever.Think they will continue playing Fulton co because of the closeness of the schools and most years an easy win.I personally hope they drop Fulton co though.May as well play a middle school team.So if they do play those 2 schools,I'm figuring it could come from teams they are playing now,Trenton and Union city.I hope they continue to play both these schools.Or they could drop Union city or Trenton for a bigger school that is closer to Lake Co and would be a big money game in Obion Central..I would hope for Halls,Obion Central,Trenton and Union City and drop Fulton Co.It would be a very tough schedule but with Lake co being so young and I think on the way back to what they use to be should hold their own and be great gate money.Or maybe play Halls,Central either Union City or Trenton and give the kids a trip to maybe like the other L.C.H.S. impostors ,Lewis Co with Coach Bobby Sharp on the sidelines who grew up in Lake Co and has a lot of family in both Lewis Co and Lake Co..I would love to play them.I actually went to the Lewis Co -Scotts Hills game because of Coach sharp last Friday night.Now as far as the teams in our region.,West Carrol could be a tough out in years to come.I think Dresden is seeing its best moment this year.I think Lake Co will be improved next year,could challenge for the district next year which i think they will be the top team and the year after,am thinking of a bigger picture. I believe Lake Co would have been a contender a couple years ago with Stevonski Wilkes had Lake Co not had 5 players playing for Dyersburg and Dyer Co who were starters there and some made all region for those  schools.Would think if they were good enough to start for Dyersburg and Dyer Co,surely would have made a difference for Single A Lake Co with Wilkes running over most everyone on his own practically.

Edited by mrbigster

Has anyone noticed what appears to be a new Nashville school called Republic High School in Region 4?  I hope this doesn't turn out to be another Sissy Mountain Situation with the best 4a team playing in 1a.  (with Sissy it was best 3a/4a team in 2a due to the Z plan.)

http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/education/2015/01/22/nashville-charter-system-add-first-high-school/22176867/

Edited by rlh

I feel the same way.I believe Lake Co will continue playing Halls who they have played forever.Think they will continue playing Fulton co because of the closeness of the schools and most years an easy win.I personally hope they drop Fulton co though.May as well play a middle school team.So if they do play those 2 schools,I'm figuring it could come from teams they are playing now,Trenton and Union city.I hope they continue to play both these schools.Or they could drop Union city or Trenton for a bigger school that is closer to Lake Co and would be a big money game in Obion Central..I would hope for Halls,Obion Central,Trenton and Union City and drop Fulton Co.It would be a very tough schedule but with Lake co being so young and I think on the way back to what they use to be should hold their own and be great gate money.Or maybe play Halls,Central either Union City or Trenton and give the kids a trip to maybe like the other L.C.H.S. impostors ,Lewis Co with Coach Bobby Sharp on the sidelines who grew up in Lake Co and has a lot of family in both Lewis Co and Lake Co..I would love to play them.I actually went to the Lewis Co -Scotts Hills game because of Coach sharp last Friday night.Now as far as the teams in our region.,West Carrol could be a tough out in years to come.I think Dresden is seeing its best moment this year.I think Lake Co will be improved next year,could challenge for the district next year which i think they will be the top team and the year after,am thinking of a bigger picture. I believe Lake Co would have been a contender a couple years ago with Stevonski Wilkes had Lake Co not had 5 players playing for Dyersburg and Dyer Co who were starters there and some made all region for those schools.Would think if they were good enough to start for Dyersburg and Dyer Co,surely would have made a difference for Single A Lake Co with Wilkes running over most everyone on his own practically.

Bigster regarding schedule next year. We will have 6 region games and play Fulton Co for sure. I doubt Obion Central, Dyer Co will play us. I have heard Halls will not play LC next year. UC in my opinion will be doubtful. Peabody will play Milan and Humboldt for sure and probably have other teams they want to play before LC. Maybe Martin Westview or someone like that will play. If I see you I will explain why Obion Central or Dyer Co won't play. I would like to see LC and Central but I don't think it will happen.

Has anyone noticed what appears to be a new Nashville school called Republic High School in Region 4?  I hope this doesn't turn out to be another Sissy Mountain Situation with the best 4a team playing in 1a.  (with Sissy it was best 3a/4a team in 2a due to the Z plan.)

http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/education/2015/01/22/nashville-charter-system-add-first-high-school/22176867/

Yeah, I've noticed.   I've also noticed there's 2 more schools in 1A since the classifications were set.

There were 50, now have 52.

2 schools must have not figured into the breakpoints.

TSSAA did the same thing 2 years ago. Added schools after classifications. Wonder if they are fielding a team? And if the 2 they just put in are fielding a team then why didn't they figure them into the classifications to begin with?

Bigster regarding schedule next year. We will have 6 region games and play Fulton Co for sure. I doubt Obion Central, Dyer Co will play us. I have heard Halls will not play LC next year. UC in my opinion will be doubtful. Peabody will play Milan and Humboldt for sure and probably have other teams they want to play before LC. Maybe Martin Westview or someone like that will play. If I see you I will explain why Obion Central or Dyer Co won't play. I would like to see LC and Central but I don't think it will happen.

Ripley? Jackson Christian? Trinity Christian? 

Guest hevyrevy1611

It would be a frustrating nightmare scheduling teams imo. Fans wanting this & that team(s), other teams not wanting to play you (you either too good, not good enough, or they don't wanna be embarassed by a lower-class up & coming team, plus they got their agenda & scheduling goals & desires... yikes!). I don't know who in the program/on staff does the actual calling & talking to all the other teams, but they are appreciated!