South Pittsburg vs Culumbia Academy (Grider against this Lansdell man)

Roy Dillard

Boys will be boys and not all personal fouls are intentional. Sometimes I think refs dislike the fact the Pirates hit a mercy rule midway thru the second qtr! They get flag happy!

You are correct sir but I have seen time's we have gotton away with a few also that should have been called.. We love our Pirate's but we're not always innocent on some call's..But the mercy rule does tend to make ref's flag happy against us..

You are correct sir but I have seen time's we have gotton away with a few also that should have been called.. We love our Pirate's but we're not always innocent on some call's..But the mercy rule does tend to make ref's flag happy against us..

That is surprising. When we played y'all I only recall one flag the entire game. It was actually a clean played game.

It's a fact Greater South Pittsburg Area Academy GSPAA (The private school masquerading as a public school and recruiting players within a 50 mile radius of South Pittsburg) doesn't travel well. An analysis of their games reveals a remarkable downward trend in performance when they travel more than 20 miles. Since this is a 120 mile trip one way, there is definitely a statistical advantage for CA. 

[2016] South Pittsburg (TN) 24, [2016] Columbia Academy (Columbia, TN) 29 on a neutral field, so add at least 3 points for home field for CA. 

At least SP fans can get a decent meal in Columbia. That's going to be a long quite trip back to the Valley Friday night. Might I suggest an audio book......something inspirational perhaps...........

That is surprising. When we played y'all I only recall one flag the entire game. It was actually a clean played game.

One of our boys got waylaid in the back after the play was blown dead.  Ref threw the flag.  Then after a brief huddle with the other refs the flag was picked up. Our announcer said over the PA " was it a penalty or not "  as he didn't see them wave it off. The head ref moved into our PA's line of vision and waved off the flag. Our PA said, " well I guess that's not a penalty "  (paraphrasing).   Some plays later one of ours thought about throwing a hay maker after pancaking the opponent.  Something was said or done to try and get him to retaliate but he contained himself.  Like I said it was a little chippy.  Can't let ourselves get caught up in that kind of play.

It's a fact Greater South Pittsburg Area Academy GSPAA (The private school masquerading as a public school and recruiting players within a 50 mile radius of South Pittsburg) doesn't travel well. An analysis of their games reveals a remarkable downward trend in performance when they travel more than 20 miles. Since this is a 120 mile trip one way, there is definitely a statistical advantage for CA. 

[2016] South Pittsburg (TN) 24, [2016] Columbia Academy (Columbia, TN) 29 on a neutral field, so add at least 3 points for home field for CA. 

At least SP fans can get a decent meal in Columbia. That's going to be a long quite trip back to the Valley Friday night. Might I suggest an audio book......something inspirational perhaps...........

neutral field
[2016] South Pittsburg (TN) 41, [2016] Columbia Academy (Columbia, TN) 19

come on Kenny.    Why the beef?

I agree 100%! Young men tend to not think in a fight or flight position. Last Friday night it could of gotten out of hand quick but I think our boys showed a little self control. Hopefully this Friday they will play great with minimal uncalled for flag moments!

Ok so I'll give 7 for home feild advantage plus 3 for our traveling. That's a total of 10! Question is, can CA stop SP from putting up 50? 50 to 10 SP I'd take any day!

Your a joke.

AndersonFH_zpsyktz2gyv.jpg

Wildcat89 is correct.  I am from Wayne County and proud to be so.  I have a great number of relatives who live there.  It is a wonderful place in every regard and they have a top notch football program.  I have the greatest respect for Coaches Rice, Crews, Dixon, et.al. and the legacy they have established.  I hope that we meet in Cookeville!

I am also very proud of Columbia Academy and the work it does to mold young people on and off the athletic field in the way God would have them go.  Proud of Coach Lansdell and all his staff.  Go Dawgs!