Round 3: Waverly vs Scotts Hill

PrimeXTime44

Come on utvol going to be a classic...

Giving it serious thought!! I'm sure it will be a great game!! Like I said before we played, anything can happen, that's why you play!! SH has a great chance to do something historic this week!! Have family & friends from there so I am pulling for you guys!! 

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lionsbaseball and trader you guys are great to talk about football and us waverly fans have nothing but respect for you guys. That comment that someone made about cruising for waverly is nonsense. We think its going to be a really tough game anybody that thinks otherwise dont know what they are talking about!

Didn't even begin to take offense to the quote...your fans have every right to believe in the team, and post whatever they think. Like I've said; lots of respect for y'all for the way you play the game, and for the fans for their support. Only can be one winner, and that's a shame...I actually felt bad for the Adamsville kids after our game...they have the same quality program as these two, and this was supposed to be their year. If we can both play well and come out without injuries, I have a sneaky feeling that the Memphis monster will have their hands full with whomever survives.

Let me be the first to say.... I hope the same refs don't get the gig this Friday in Waverly ... 😳

Isn't that the truth!!! Maybe if they are they will remember to bring their glasses so they can see when players get kicked in the side, feet stomped and a ball being touched on the 3rd yard line. Crazy stupid!!!

The TIGERS won't be on cruise bet that!!

Waverly is at home. I think they have the edge in the special teams area. (They have a punter that punts like a college player.) They also have some big play returners. They have a few, (just a few) more athletes in general. Waverly also has a knack for playing most of the game on the opponent's side of the 50. Don't think Scotts Hill won't come to play though. They are a fine football team as well. Some things in their favor are: they tend to be a little better disciplined, and they are consistent at moving the ball.  If they have fewer penalties and can move the ball, they can stay in the game until the 4th quarter. Then, anything could happen. 

The first meeting against waverly highlighted several areas of our game that needed to be improved on..coaches and players have worked extremely hard to improve in those areas, have they improved enough? Time will tell..tbh the first two quarters where a lot closer than most realize and game got out of hand late....look for the lions to be prepared a lot differently with more focus this time around...if SH keeps the score close late then look for the tigers to be on upset alert...I personally think the lions are going to pull off a shocker...no pressure and no one expects them to even be close...I love the opportunity these boys have...first time to have an opportunity to get to 10 wins...opportunity to shock the state again...the Lions don't have one thing to lose...look for the OL ball coach to have them equipped with a game plan with a defense to support that plan...should be a classic... I have said all along that waverly is best team we had seen going into adamsville game..I really believe this is going to be a very comparable game . A defensive struggle going into the fourth...If SH gets a break or too along the way...look out...#BELIEVE

Edited by shlionsbaseball5

The first meeting against waverly highlighted several areas of our game that needed to be improved on..coaches and players have worked extremely hard to improve in those areas, have they improved enough? Time will tell..tbh the first two quarters where a lot closer than most realize and game got out of hand late....look for the lions to be prepared a lot differently with more focus this time around...if SH keeps the score close late then look for the tigers to be on upset alert...I personally think the lions are going to pull off a shocker...no pressure and no one expects them to even be close...I love the opportunity these boys have...first time to have an opportunity to get to 10 wins...opportunity to shock the state again...the Lions don't have one thing to lose...look for the OL ball coach to have them equipped with a game plan with a defense to support that plan...should be a classic... I have said all along that waverly is best team we had seen going into adamsville game..I really believe this is going to be a very comparable game . A defensive struggle going into the fourth...If SH gets a break or too along the way...look out...#BELIEVE

lionsbaseball5 I could not disagree with you more on that post but I guess thats what make this so fun. SH has everything to lose just like waverly if not then whats the point of even showing up for the game. And the first meeting wasnt close for two quarters after #40 made the interception on yalls first drive waverly never looked back. I "think" waverly will show why they are 11-1 and why they are the region champs! There has been people on the T all yr that has doubted how good we are and we have proved them wrong week in and week out. Friday will be the last time those seniors ever step out on the field at waverly as a player so you can mark it down there will be some pads poppin come friday. With or without a win I will be proud of this team and most of all my kid. Im truely blessed and just very thankful for this opportunity!

Laces.. I really don't think you will score 28 on our defense this time around. Capable! Very much so but going on my gut this time around. Had a very bad feeling last time we played. Don't feel this way this time. Not saying SH going to win but I think it's going to be a defensive struggle . With someone making a huge play in the fourth to decide! May be wrong but that's how I feel. Totally different team than any team that SH has ever put on the field. D is the difference. Just hoping for our best execution! Effort will be there. If we get the ball out as quick as we have been. We will have us a football game....look for SH to strike early due to over prosuit on waverly d. Then the momentum will be in SH favor and waverly O will press some due to the magnitude of this game..An early turnover would be huge for SH. If these few things happen then it could be a classic. SH will have to protect the ball and sustain some drives by mixing it up !! Cannot believe it's only Monday!! This is going to be a fun week.. Go lions ! We believe in these young men and coaches. There ain't any quit in them and that Butt whipping we took earlier in year was the best thing ever for this football team!!! Can we do it? Done went 2 rounds further than everyone projected.. said earlier this year the Lions would make some noise. Are they done? We got at least until Friday until the end of that game to make some more. Hey, going to enjoy the fun of this week. GO Lions!!! #believe believe believe

Waverly might be the best team in the state? We just have to win by one...upset alert!!! Lions are rolling and loose as a goose having fun on both sides of the ball... fans are loving it too...lmbo.