Blackmun comes on ovur two Mairvul

STARSNBARS

Sorry but I never picked that game. Wasn't one of my games of the week.. Look I wish you luck and appreciate your fan loyalty but when it comes to match ups this one is a no brainer..I would love the day when the road to the gold ball came through Rutherford County. That's why I have been put here by M preps because they recognize this county to be the fastest growing county for football in the southeast but currently there is a division in the talent level and program development between the schools. Oakland has the upper hand not just on wins but what the program is doing to make sure they are at the top year after year. The key to that is not having to rely on individual talent but to build a program of consistency much like Maryville has year after year. Can the Rutherford County schools do that? Yes, but its up to the individual coaches and staff and they would all do themselves a service to look at the model the Oakland staff is putting in place.

That staff has been there for less than 2 years.  Oakland has been one of the top 2 teams in this county for the last decade.  Oakland's success these last couple of years is as much of the result of the previous staff's "model" than the current one.  Can they continue....who knows.  We will see next year after graduation hits them pretty hard.

Mairvul haid bettur bee lookin' strait att this hellthee Blaickmun teem....Thay're a lott diffrunt thain when'st thay lost tham gaimes wifout Master Teague and othurs.... :unsure:

True, but Maryville has a way of taking away what you do best.  Bradley did a good job of taking him away (for the most part) last week, and we were lucky enough to make enough plays to pull it out.  Considerably stiffer test this week (understatement of the year).  Can we make enough plays in the air to counteract them trying to stop our running game?  That will be the key to whether we make this a competitive game or not.

True, but Maryville has a way of taking away what you do best.  Bradley did a good job of taking him away (for the most part) last week, and we were lucky enough to make enough plays to pull it out.  Considerably stiffer test this week (understatement of the year).  Can we make enough plays in the air to counteract them trying to stop our running game?  That will be the key to whether we make this a competitive game or not.

26 carries and 178 yards wasn't exactly shutting him down... But I guess compared to the 225 to 330 that is.We will for sure struggle with this stout Rebel team, but I am very hopeful we watched the Dobyns Bennet game, they seemed to be able to run the ball ok,, not great but respectable. If anything watching that last night showed me this team is actually human. I expect it to be a huge uphill battle, but I look forward to seeing how we fair against the best

Edited by Blaze45