Blackmun comes on ovur two Mairvul

STARSNBARS

26 carries and 178 yards wasn't exactly shutting him down... But I guess compared to the 225 to 330 that is.We will for sure struggle with this stout Rebel team, but I am very hopeful we watched the Dobyns Bennet game, they seemed to be able to run the ball ok,, not great but respectable. If anything watching that last night showed me this team is actually human. I expect it to be a huge uphill battle, but I look forward to seeing how we fair against the best

No doubt.....that's why I threw the (for the most part) in.  He still was able to sneak through and pop some big runs.  He and "I" are similar in the sense that they make what they do look easy and they end up with far more yards than it looked like in person.  Bradley was selling out to stop him and that's why we seemed to have more QB runs last week than normal.  My only point was that we are going to have to have more success through the air this week, because I think Maryville will be more successful limiting our run game than Bradley was.

No doubt.....that's why I threw the (for the most part) in.  He still was able to sneak through and pop some big runs.  He and "I" are similar in the sense that they make what they do look easy and they end up with far more yards than it looked like in person.  Bradley was selling out to stop him and that's why we seemed to have more QB runs last week than normal.  My only point was that we are going to have to have more success through the air this week, because I think Maryville will be more successful limiting our run game than Bradley was.

I watched the Dobyns Bennet Game online last night they had some success with their #33 freshman RB. Maryville was able to adjust and Dobyns never really ever did. That being said The Maupin kid is a pretty good qb, but his receivers did not help him out all that much. On the otherhand the Rebs had 39,878,686 player that ran the ball in that game. Surely don't go to the well over and over. You got to play assignment defense from kickoff ( onside )to buzzer 

Edited by Blaze45

Well if you think their good and your basing  on Maryville's level then your in trouble in the weeks to come.

I bet the Maryville folks have never heard that before....and you may be right, Oakland is very good, but until someone from RuCo actually beats Maryville, I wouldn't bet money on it.