1A Championship Dresden verses Greenback

ysoangry

Not sure how I'll keep up with the T at this rate. Dresden has a very solid team with no major weaknesses. I know absolutely nothing about GB, but I do know our guys will be a handful. You can count on that. I expect nothing less from GB as well. This will be Dresden's second trip to Cookeville ever. Maybe we'll win this time... How many trips and victories has GB had? I pray for safe travels for both teams. We're around 4 hours away, I think. I hope this game is an injury-free war. Win, lose, or draw this will be the last time these seniors go to war together. This is what they play for. I hope these men have learned the valuable life lessons that football teaches. I'll take a shot in the dark and pick Dresden by anywhere from 6-14 (we miss extra points) GO LIONS

How big are the Lineman and LB,ers. Tell me that and I,ll tell you who wins.

How much better is GB compared to last year's team?

Well we've saw them 1st hand 4 times in 2 seasons so here's my honest breakdown. Short answer is a lot. For a more lengthy explanation here's my further breakdown. The coaching staff: correct me if I'm wrong but I believe this is their 2nd season possibly 3rd. Their first season they took over very close to the beginning of the season with little prep time. They have been there long enough now the players and themselves know what to expect from the system. The players: well last season they were mostly juniors with a sprinkling of sophomores and freshmen. Obviously they're all a year bigger, faster, stronger and another year in the system. It's more second nature now instead of thinking they're playing through the calls now. Key players: obviously last year Roberts and Silvey were difference makers but they were new to the system, school and community. To be quite honest you could have picked out the "new kids" easily even if you had no idea numbers or positions before hand. They just weren't part of "the team". To be honest they didn't play like much of a "team" at all. They were a very good group of football players, good enough to get silver, but honestly not much of a team. Heck who could blame them, coaches hadn't been there long, learning a new system and a couple of new guys rolled into town shaking things up. Couple that with the fact that there were some putting their selfishness before the good of the team by allowing themselves the instant gratification of taking a swing or running their mouth when they got emotional and it's really quite impressive they won the region much less silver. Honestly they were like watching an all star game or an AAU team. The talent was obvious but there just wasn't much chemistry. This year is totally different. The selfishness is GONE. Believe me I have put Silvey and Roberts under a microscope every play I've saw this season looking for any sign of it, after watching 2 games in person and 6 more on film it is no longer present. I'm not much on calling out kids individually but in this case I'm doing it to tell them how impressed I am with their play and composure this year. They are all playing together. They all have one goal, to win it all, but truthfully they're not playing for that they're playing for each other.

I know that's a lot of rambling on but it's the best way I know to say it. Yes they are physically better but the mental improvements are even greater in my opinion.

• Upvote 1

Gotta go with the West boys, Dresden that is.  Greenback has NOT played against a Winn, Yates or McDonald player i'm sure and they will see them up close for the first time next Friday morning around 10:30 during warmups and real close starting at 11 am.  Go Lions, Bring more GOLD back to the west and our region.  Dresden's defense has gotten better each game and they are healthy and peaking at the right time.

Edited by ucdiditagain

Dresden Wins By 20.They are just that good.

Greenback by 20.1 They just that much better.

Dresden has not played any team worth a flip. West TN ain't real football. You all should just stick to basketball and golf.

Greenbacks Offensive line will make dresden look like a bunch of girl scouts!

Get ready girls!....The Cherokees going to pound the rock!

Dresden has not played any team worth a flip. West TN ain't real football. You all should just stick to basketball and golf.

BC! What the heck happened to AE and Maryville?? They made me look just plain stupid!

I agree, GB takes care of this one

Union city runs the ball as good as anyone. We've seen it before but not with the size you have

BC! What the heck happened to AE and Maryville?? They made me look just plain stupid!

I agree, GB takes care of this one

I had a feeling that those two teams had an uphill battle. Especially Maryville. Did not see AE sleep walking the first 2 qtrs?

They must has been very tight. I think had they played lose and up to their potential it would have been a lot closer. Better team still won.

Pulling for MC to represent the east!

Here's a few observations...

1) Dresden is good...they aren't "hiding" anyone on the field, everybody can play. QB is fast, shifty, and can throw...running game is very good...defense is stout. Only weakness that I saw, Wayne Co. had success running wide with pulling guards, especially the left side.

2) Coach Rice knew early that he couldn't stop Dresden...pooch and onside kickoffs didn't work, and that was his chance. If R. Rice thinks Dresden is that hard to stop, they're pretty hard to stop.

3) WC couldn't run up the middle...Greenback's game is power...who imposes their will?

4) UncleYates2n8 really, really needs to learn to quote...really bad.

5) Haven't seen Greenback...the SP guys know their football, and they like GB's chances...gonna' be a good one I think.

#4 +1!!!! Hahaha