Who will be the next coach at GCA?

Raven52

Sure will. Just not going to let you or anybody else keep stirring a pot because you got a distaste for our school. Ed wanted to get in a shot, so I returned the favor.  You can go on and on trying to justify, but you seem like a well educated and respected guy and know kids even players read this stuff so why keep on about it?  I don't know if it's true or not and I know rumors fly around just like the one I heard, but it cuts both ways.  The truth is you want to stick it to USJ anytime you can because of your well documented history.  Ed wants to because of the rivalry factor. So if you really care about kids and not just your Scotts Hill kids, cool the rumor mill because it's time to move on.

Not stirring any pots. This thread is about GCA and their search for a coach...a position for which your coach applied. Try and take the moral high ground all you like by accosting BigEdMo or myself, but we're just discussing what's out there as common knowledge, not on USJ's thread posting every day trying to unsettle you or USJ's kids. For you to call BEM out for "gossip", then knowingly post an untruth about TCA's coach in order to retaliate just shows your character, and I would not have posted on the matter again without your false accusation.

Edited by tradertwo

appears its gonna b a long long year int eh new district for this team

Booger just sayin :popcorneater:

You may be correct. However, I can guarantee you we will be better than last year. That may not be good enough. We'll just have to see. We have to replace a couple of receivers, a couple role players and two O-linemen. We have that covered. Everyone else is back, more experienced, bigger, faster, stronger, better. We'll show up and fight....that I can promise. Just because we don't yet have a HC on-site doesn't mean that we don't have gifted assistants that are committed to our kids and the improvement of this football program. The kids love and trust the guys that are onboard. The guys are working hard in the weight room. We also have the very best full-time athletic trainer in the area. We may struggle, because we haven't had the opportunity to add a handful of stellar athletes like the Webbs and NDs. We may be just fine. I'm looking forward to seeing what the new coaching staff can do with a fine group of student athletes.

maybe its in the cards for yall to get a HC in place by August

now why is it the opportunity to add stellar athletes has passed GCA by

First, we are a Baptist affiliated school....we don't play cards....that we'll admit to. :)

Unless I don't understand the TSSAA rules (that is entirely possible,) the only ones that can transfer in AND play this year are either from far away (that's not happening,) or 8th graders (they can't help us this year.) It also helps to have an endowment fund to help pay for athletes that can't pay for themselves, which we do not yet. The other more established private school programs up here and down your way have a head start on us in that regard. The next couple of years, we will be playing catch-up. That doesn't mean we won't field a competitive team this year. I believe we absolutely will....with kids that have grown up GCA Rams.

Edited by 87ismine

You may be correct. However, I can guarantee you we will be better than last year. That may not be good enough. We'll just have to see. We have to replace a couple of receivers, a couple role players and two O-linemen. We have that covered. Everyone else is back, more experienced, bigger, faster, stronger, better. We'll show up and fight....that I can promise. Just because we don't yet have a HC on-site doesn't mean that we don't have gifted assistants that are committed to our kids and the improvement of this football program. The kids love and trust the guys that are onboard. The guys are working hard in the weight room. We also have the very best full-time athletic trainer in the area. We may struggle, because we haven't had the opportunity to add a handful of stellar athletes like the Webbs and NDs. We may be just fine. I'm looking forward to seeing what the new coaching staff can do with a fine group of student athletes.

So...  there has been a hire?