Who will be the next coach at GCA?

Raven52

Yep...you guys are definitely on the wrong thread. The "recruiting" comment was a flippin' joke guys. Nobody can recruit, not private or public class schools. Scotts Hill has an awesome baseball program, that's for sure. Beat us fair and square with a junk-ball pitcher vs our supposed "ace" in the championship game last year. Sorry for getting your dander up.

First...thanks MO, lots of respect between "our" schools...you guys are tops.

Next...no offense taken, and sorry to have written a novel on your thread. BigEdMo (his school) has taken lots of abuse locally for recruiting, when in fact they do not, so understand his feelings on the matter...he's top notch. Finally...I have tons of respect for your baseball program as well, here's hoping that we can do it again this spring, win or lose!

FYI...the kid in "the novel" who went to Lexington for baseball and transferred back was #4...got himself a ring and signed with UT...worked out pretty well for him!

First...thanks MO, lots of respect between "our" schools...you guys are tops.

Next...no offense taken, and sorry to have written a novel on your thread. BigEdMo (his school) has taken lots of abuse locally for recruiting, when in fact they do not, so understand his feelings on the matter...he's top notch. Finally...I have tons of respect for your baseball program as well, here's hoping that we can do it again this spring, win or lose!

FYI...the kid in "the novel" who went to Lexington for baseball and transferred back was #4...got himself a ring and signed with UT...worked out pretty well for him!

No apologies necessary....it wasn't as long as some of my ridiculous Moby Dick-sized rants. We lost a ton last year....gonna be a tough road back to Murf for the Rams. Glad to hear #4 is wearing Big Orange! We'll be sure to root for him....Vol baseball needs all the help they can get. I'm looking forward to baseball. All this fball coach stuff is out of control. Can't believe a word anyone says anyway.....all smoke and mirrors to protect somebody's butt.  

This page got really quiet.  Any updates?

I recall last year, when the CAK coaching search seemed to be dragging on longer than expected, I got very anxious about whether the new coach would be hired and get up and running in time to have a meaningful spring practice.  Is the expectation that, once a new coach is hired, at least the core of the existing staff of assistants will stay on?  If that's the plan, at least they could go ahead and be planning a spring practice.

Edited by Warriors2011

I had to wait to get home to look, but no Hee-Haw on Netflix. Have to watch it on YouTube. DI A&AA thread reference wasn't for GHS, but for schools who like to sling mud and make light of a Christian education. Not everyone who goes to a Christian school is a Christian, but they shouldn't be judged any different than secular schools. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. I've never seen it in the bible where it says if thou art a Christian school, thou must putteth the JV in after a 14 pt lead. It's not wrong to want to win. God is a winner. Girly Guy needs to let it go

I am not throwing mud or making light of a Christian education. Just comentating on the practice of Grace Christian football team in Knoxville had of Singing Jesus loves us this I know, (refering to Jesus as loving Grace Christian football team only), if you love us, watch us go (how many of number of wins they had or wanted),  and 0.They would do this after Grace Christian Knoxville football team would win a game, even at, or on the field of their opponent. The football team changed the words of the song Jesus loves me this I know for the Bible tells me so. Do I need to say any more. I have nothing against Christian Education, I get my Christian Education at Church, at home, and even sometimes listening to sermons on the radio. You don't have to go to a Christian school to get a Christian education. Why would a Christian football team need to change the words to a Christian song about the love of Jesus Christ to celebrate winning a football game or any other competition.

I am not throwing mud or making light of a Christian education. Just comentating on the practice of Grace Christian football team in Knoxville had of Singing Jesus loves us this I know, (refering to Jesus as loving Grace Christian football team only), if you love us, watch us go (how many of number of wins they had or wanted), and 0.They would do this after Grace Christian Knoxville football team would win a game, even at, or on the field of their opponent. The football team changed the words of the song Jesus loves me this I know for the Bible tells me so. Do I need to say any more. I have nothing against Christian Education, I get my Christian Education at Church, at home, and even sometimes listening to sermons on the radio. You don't have to go to a Christian school to get a Christian education. Why would a Christian football team need to change the words to a Christian song about the love of Jesus Christ to celebrate winning a football game or any other competition.

Man! We really must've laid it on your son and/or team for some time. Must be one of our fellow District 3A friends. The team sang a song after every game in 2011. It's really quite comical that you're still so upset about it.

Let me ask you a question. Do you think that Jesus loves us all the time or just some of the time? Do you think Jesus loves you more than he loves Grace kids or vice versa? If Grace would've sang the same song and went 0-10, would you be making the same posts and still be upset? Probably not. I'm just glad we whipped you guys all those years to make you remember that song for so long. Geez, pal, you gotta let it go.

Edited by gcapride

Man! We really must've laid it on your son and/or team for some time. Must be one of our fellow District 3A friends. The team sang a song after every game in 2011. It's really quite comical that you're still so upset about it.

Let me ask you a question. Do you think that Jesus loves us all the time or just some of the time? Do you think Jesus loves you more than he loves Grace kids or vice versa? If Grace would've sang the same song and went 0-10, would you be making the same posts and still be upset? Probably not. I'm just glad we whipped you guys all those years to make you remember that song for so long. Geez, pal, you gotta let it go.

Pretty pathetic your school did that. Shame on the coach and administration for not stopping it.

Pretty pathetic your school did that. Shame on the coach and administration for not stopping it.

I agree with Playerscoach-- that's not showing sportsmanship or love for your fellow man.  I can see a student section singing something, but if this was the actual players singing this after a game especially after a win, that's pretty pathetic.

Punt!Punt!Punt!Jesus loves me more!:roflolk: Edited by orngnblk