Who will be the next coach at GCA?

Raven52

Is anyone else tired of this continual speculation and rumor? We need to remove this cloud of uncertainty for the sake of the players and the assistant coaches. We need to confirm the identity of the successful, Christian man supported by the overwhelming majority of ALL stakeholders, and get this hire completed. It sure would be awesome to have him onboard for the upcoming football banquet! Then, we ALL need to take a deep breath, thank our Lord for answered prayers, and turn our complete attention and energy towards supporting a terrific bball coaching staff and a great basketball team on their quest for a gold ball. Best shot in GCA history!!!! GO RAMS!!!!

• Upvote 1

Is anyone else tired of this continual speculation and rumor? We need to remove this cloud of uncertainty for the sake of the players and the assistant coaches. We need to confirm the identity of the successful, Christian man supported by the overwhelming majority of ALL stakeholders, and get this hire completed. It sure would be awesome to have him onboard for the upcoming football banquet! Then, we ALL need to take a deep breath, thank our Lord for answered prayers, and turn our complete attention and energy towards supporting a terrific bball coaching staff and a great basketball team on their quest for a gold ball. Best shot in GCA history!!!! GO RAMS!!!!

Preach it Brother!!

So... Rusty Bradley?

Unlikely, in my humble opinion.  Unless GCA can't work out terms with the leading candidate(s) who might be ahead of him on the list.

BTW, good luck to the Rams in basketball this year.  I believe they really do have a legitimate shot to make a run at a title this year.

So... Rusty Bradley?

Edited by Warriors2011

Unlikely, in my humble opinion.  Unless GCA can't work out terms with the leading candidate(s) who might be ahead of him on the list.

BTW, good luck to the Rams in basketball this year.  I believe they really do have a legitimate shot to make a run at a title this year.

I respect your opinion, but am left wondering who would be ahead of him on the list? To have experience at a private, and to have put together a state championship program in the same division as Alcoa, along with his impeccable reputation and ties to the community, I have to wonder if George Quarles applied? 

No, I'm pretty sure GQ hasn't applied because he has a new job as the OC-in-waiting at his college alma mater.

One thing I learned during the seemingly long and uncertain period when CAK was looking for CRB's replacement is that there are sometimes candidates being seriously considered whose names never make it onto the early rumor/speculation buzz on CoachT.  It didn't become widely known or speculated that someone from GA might be about to get the job until fairly late in the process.

The only people who really KNOW right now who the leading candidates are for the GCA job would be the AD and head of school and whoever else might be on the search committee.  My bet is they are taking their job very seriously and will choose a good candidate regardless of whether that person might be perceived as the "obvious" choice by us CoachT followers. They might very well be considering candidates from other states. 

This brings back memories of the CAK search experience when all the early buzz on CoachT was about Nix, Price, Witten, then it turned out CAK went with someone from GA.  The longer this plays out, I think the more likely it is that something similar will happen at GCA.  Just my best guess at this point.

I respect your opinion, but am left wondering who would be ahead of him on the list? To have experience at a private, and to have put together a state championship program in the same division as Alcoa, along with his impeccable reputation and ties to the community, I have to wonder if George Quarles applied?