Who will be the next coach at GCA?

Raven52

Now that the cat is out of the bag with us hiring John Gruden, let's start posting how this new DII AA alignment will shake out in '17.

How will our district competition look like?

No...no...no!!! I said Hugh Freeze....C'mon Sandler....get it right, if you're going to spread stuff like the rest of these guys on here. :roflol:

No...no...no!!! I said Hugh Freeze....C'mon Sandler....get it right, if you're going to spread stuff like the rest of these guys on here. :roflol:

Oh my bad. I was told due to the NCAA violations associated with Freeze that they passed on him. I thought it was down to Gruden and Coach Red Beaulieu from University of Louisiana Cougars.

Oh my bad. I was told due to the NCAA violations associated with Freeze that they passed on him. I thought it was down to Gruden and Coach Red Beaulieu from University of Louisiana Cougars.

Momma must not be keeping you in the loop Mr. Boucher...Gruden is waiting for the Tennessee ​job and Mr. Coach Red passed away a couple of years back...I heard that Lou Holtz and Steve Spurrier would be named co head coaches later in the week!

Don't know his name but if my source is right which he normally is the assistant coach from a Florida High School did take the job after all. I'm sure it takes a lot of thought to pick up and move your family to another state for another high school job except he will be the leader here and looking forward. I won't name the school where he is from because the newspaper will fill everyone in on all that in the next few days.

Quite FRANKly Barn I think you are on he right trail.I ran into a friend who is an old District 3 coach yesterday at Turkey Creek and we had a brief discussion,the beans will be spilt soon.I too have done a little digging and I'm pretty sure he is an offensive minded guy also as preacher feller too.You GCA faithful need to just fill us in.Lot of fodder flying around now.Come on Pride I know you have to know something!!That Pridemore feller has a lot of Fla ties and now another Fla guy.Hmmm!☺ Edited by orngnblk

Quite FRANKly Barn I think you are on he right trail.I ran into a friend who is an old District 3 coach yesterday at Turkey Creek and we had a brief discussion,the beans will be spilt soon.I too have done a little digging and I'm pretty sure he is an offensive minded guy also as preacher feller too.You GCA faithful need to just fill us in.Lot of fodder flying around now.Come on Pride I know you have to know something!!That Pridemore feller has a lot of Fla ties and now another Fla guy.Hmmm!☺

Yep your right, the new coach is offensive minded. I went onto their site last night and watched the QB thread the needle downfield on quite a few long passes. If my source is right the new coach won't be named for another week. I also know the assistant coach isn't the head coach so I don't expect a miracle but keep in mind the best team in East Tennessee for the majority of the time the past twenty years handed the new opening there to the man that was second in charge and the program out of Florida seems to be a top notch school as well so I'm happy.

Momma must not be keeping you in the loop Mr. Boucher...Gruden is waiting for the Tennessee ​job and Mr. Coach Red passed away a couple of years back...I heard that Lou Holtz and Steve Spurrier would be named co head coaches later in the week!

Trader watch for the gossip 😂😂😂😂

The coach will be named soon, maybe as soon as this week sometime. We know who it is, but it needs to be announced by the administration, not by being posted here. It'll all come to pass and the parents and players can move forward. I'll leave it at this, the man is a good coach, but a better man.

Go Rams football

All jokes aside, that is exactly as it should be. There are always proper steps to be taken, such as allowing the new HC to break old ties on a personal level, and to meet the new staff and players face to face (if he and the adm. chooses) before any "public announcement" is made. Social media has made it almost impossible for this to happen for both the former and the new team, but allotting time for this process just shows class.

Booger nose that some people will not agree with this hire and this is going to be a hire that needs to happen

Booger just sayin :popcorneater:

Booger the new coach has been apart of a football team that has won back to back state championships in the State of Florida the last two years and this team also won the state in 2012. I seen some of their scores were in the sixties and if this guy was the OC I would feel like GCA made a great hire. Anyone that may be let down would be somebody that is either jealous or silly enough to thing Gruden was in the mix.