Who will be the next coach at GCA?

Raven52

I heard it also last week but sure didn't want to mention it before he told his team with them in the playoff's. Very great person that got a wonderful opportunity to move up the ladder into the college football world at the University of Indiana as Director of Football Operations.

FINALLY.....something I can agree with on here lately. The whole family will be sorely missed at GCA. Mrs Wendy was an unbelievably talented English teacher. She set the table for the kids to be ready for HS. That is no easy task! They had great kids too! Happy for them. They couldn't be going to a more beautiful campus. That IN Smalltown isn't all bad....at least that's what John Mellencamp says. I wish them the best! Go Hoosiers!

I am so very thankful Mike Doig is gone.  I do wish him well at Indiana, but he has been a poor AD and has been very untruthful to my family and several others.  I do not believe one man or woman should ever be hired as both coach and AD. It causes issues when you have a disagreement from the coach side.  It also causes hiring issue during their respective season. 

I am so very thankful Mike Doig is gone. I do wish him well at Indiana, but he has been a poor AD and has been very untruthful to my family and several others. I do not believe one man or woman should ever be hired as both coach and AD. It causes issues when you have a disagreement from the coach side. It also causes hiring issue during their respective season.

Such an uneeded post. Feel better?

it would just be awesome if we could appreciate the man for the good he did and let the shortcomings leave with him. We all have them

Edited by 12thmanGCA

I feel much better! I hope the wool comes off your eyes soon.  Your statement about me-ism preceded with your son's lost opportunity should give you cause for pause.  I believe the basketball team will have future success without Doig.  It may even have a few more players join the team since he is gone.  

I feel much better! I hope the wool comes off your eyes soon. Your statement about me-ism preceded with your son's lost opportunity should give you cause for pause. I believe the basketball team will have future success without Doig. It may even have a few more players join the team since he is gone.

Could be ...he was hard to play for an thats not for everybody.

I drop the me-ism cause I am not sure most folks would get it. If you want to chat about it call me or holler at me. Nobody can ever acuse my kid of being selfish. I feel sure of that

And there is no wool trust me we had our own passionate discussions but his heart was in the right place even when we disagreed.

Edited by 12thmanGCA