Upperman vs East Nashville

swipper

Akira is a top 50 player in the country in multiple scouting services... She is one of the most competitive players in the state and has the game to back it up. She doesn't rely on social media post/videos to support her game, and doesn't need politics to win her Miss Basketball. Her game speaks for itself.... she put on a show in the Murphy Center yesterday and I would expect today to go about the same...

I hope you aren't implying that those things help "promote" Hayes as the best player in the state of Tennessee...because anyone with eyes and brain cells can surely see when she steps on the floor that she's far and away the best player in the state.

Upperman's guard is without a doubt special. I just wanted to correct what I feel is an error, in calling her the best player in the state of Tennessee. However, that's not taking anything away from the fact that she can go. Her motor is unbelievable and she will bring it for 32 minutes every night she plays, and more if needed. WKU has stolen her, IMO, and I wouldn't be surprised to see her actually land somewhere bigger. She has that much talent.

Best of luck to the Bees today.

I hope you aren't implying that those things help "promote" Hayes as the best player in the state of Tennessee...because anyone with eyes and brain cells can surely see when she steps on the floor that she's far and away the best player in the state.

Upperman's guard is without a doubt special. I just wanted to correct what I feel is an error, in calling her the best player in the state of Tennessee. However, that's not taking anything away from the fact that she can go. Her motor is unbelievable and she will bring it for 32 minutes every night she plays, and more if needed. WKU has stolen her, IMO, and I wouldn't be surprised to see her actually land somewhere bigger. She has that much talent.

Best of luck to the Bees today.

I've watched both of these kids play several times and in my opinion Hayes gets more "pub" because of where she plays at and the team she is on.  There isn't a lot of difference between these two players in ability in my opinion and thus far Levy has outplayed her in this tournament.  That being said one tournament doesn't make or break a player.  Both are very good and both will excel at the next level.  I know WKU is the school of choice but she has another year of competition left and I'd be very surprised if you don't  see some SEC schools come calling after this tournament.  

Levy is indeed a great player. However, let's not too carried away with one game. Last year when East and Upperman played, Levy wasn't the best player on the court, she wasn't even the best sophomore on the court. She's clearly a talent, though, and will have her pick of some very nice college choices.

Levy is indeed a great player. However, let's not too carried away with one game. Last year when East and Upperman played, Levy wasn't the best player on the court, she wasn't even the best sophomore on the court. She's clearly a talent, though, and will have her pick of some very nice college choices.

+1.

Ok don't watch these teams play all the time . Watched east manhandke pearl in regional final . Was not even a game . Yes pearl has a great young coach and to rebound from getting killed in that game to get to the final is credit to her and what she is teaching those girls . With that said , how can you call this a six point game . Uppermsn just blew out east . Unless they slow down levy another blowout in a championship game for PC . Maybe this young coach learned something and she tries to take away levy . Only then can this game get close and maybe she pulls off a shocker . 74-49 Upperman . I hope I am wrong

You know that was the forth time playing East right?? And it was 2-2.
  • Upvote 1

Upton, last years state MVP killed Levy last state tournament. Her being out this season was a huge blow for East's chance to repeat. I would've loved to see them go head to head again. Maybe next year.

I've watched both of these kids play several times and in my opinion Hayes gets more "pub" because of where she plays at and the team she is on.  There isn't a lot of difference between these two players in ability in my opinion and thus far Levy has outplayed her in this tournament.  That being said one tournament doesn't make or break a player.  Both are very good and both will excel at the next level.  I know WKU is the school of choice but she has another year of competition left and I'd be very surprised if you don't  see some SEC schools come calling after this tournament.  

Levy is a really nice player. Hayes is easily better. Doesn't matter though. Both got gold.

Upton, last years state MVP killed Levy last state tournament. Her being out this season was a huge blow for East's chance to repeat. I would've loved to see them go head to head again. Maybe next year.

Levy's game has grown as she has grown. Comparing last year to this year is ridiculous. Sure, last years tournament MVP was MVP for a reason. Levy is Miss BB and tourney MVP this year for a reason. She was the best AA had to offer during the 16-17 season and during the state tournament. Probably almost every AA team in the state would love to have her play for them. Too bad LA didn't!