Next Year's Top Teams in Single A

bobcatfan300

Idk about interesting, I just call it how I see it GCP. Coach Hart is a great coach, proven and done an amazing job since at  Peabody since taking over. I think Peabody can still make some things happen here even if Mayberry doesn't come back, but the players have to make plays instead of looking for someone else to do it. Mayberry brought a sense of leadership to the floor every time I saw Peabody play this season and last night they didn't have that vs. a very bad Middleton team. 

12 hours ago, BullShark said:

Watched a double header tonight at TCA.  Peabody without their best player got beaten by a horrendous Middleton team (and by horrendous, I mean GOSH AWFUL) then an average GC team beats the home team TCA in the other semi.  This Region may just be a District 13A sweep!  BABA,  I was not impressed with any of the teams in this gym tonight!  If by any chance one of these four teams make it to the Boro, then whoever draws them got a bye.  It was that bad!!!

I am so glad you have it all figured out. GC has beaten Gleason, Dresden, Peabody with Mayberry once, TCA twice, lost to Greenfield by 5, Loretta, Tipton Rose Academy....Gleason beat Summertown. This summer we beat Jackson County by double digits, played South Green tough and played Summertown single digits without one of our beat players. So who is the dominant basketball team's we all can fear if we make it to Murfreesboro? Clarkrange maybe? Pickett County maybe? I am listening. Since there are so many juggernaut single A team's since South Green bumped up. GC is a team that just lost their top post player to a broken hand and had two good players not play at all because of the flu and the whole school had been shut down because one day 170 kids were infected. So I am thankful to the good Lord we had all our players on the floor and the win regardless of how ugly you think basketball is around here.

Edited by pioneer42

Darby and Moore have been playing high level basketball since they could dribble. Plus their role players are stepping up having big games. Everyone else isnt even close to Greenfield when they are playing their best. Gibson Co Gleason TCA Peabody Dresden are all VERY AVERAGE Single A basketball teams. Huntingdon has the talent but hasnt beaten a good team since Nov when they upset Greenfield in double OT

I think you are right. I think Greenfield is the best team in the state this year but we haven't been there in a long time and sometimes that's a huge factor. No team has ever had two Miss Basketball finalists and Greenfield has several other good players than the two finalist. We also have an 8th grader that will be a Miss Basketball finalist someday that is a game changer, she has got to be on the court. We have good depth this year and this should be our year.  

It's tournament time and time to put our 5 best players on the court, I hope we do that. We have more basketball talent than any single A team in the state. 

Edited by Greenfieldfan

47 minutes ago, ZEBRA35 said:

Darby and Moore have been playing high level basketball since they could dribble. Plus their role players are stepping up having big games. Everyone else isnt even close to Greenfield when they are playing their best. Gibson Co Gleason TCA Peabody Dresden are all VERY AVERAGE Single A basketball teams. Huntingdon has the talent but hasnt beaten a good team since Nov when they upset Greenfield in double OT

Greenfield is a good team yes but you only beat by GC by 5, who is an average team you say, and there were a ton of lead changes in that game. If Greenfield is as good as you say they are, shouldn't they have beaten an average team by more? I guess Gleason, another average team you say, should probably just stay home tonight right?