Offishull Catholick att Mairvul thread

STARSNBARS

On 8/4/2017 at 8:37 AM, madhatter2269 said:

With ease. I went to their scrimmage against Mccallie the other day and their strong suit which is their o line didn't look good at all.  Maryville should beat them by 2 TDs.

I wouldn't put to much stock in the Mccallie scrimmage. That was the 3rd scrimmage in 5 days. To me not smart on whoever scheduled them that way. But them boys was wore out by the Mccallie scrimmage. Can't wait to finally see a game at Maryville. Heard the atmosphere is great for a High school football game.

1 hour ago, Eaglesfan00 said:

I wouldn't put to much stock in the Mccallie scrimmage. That was the 3rd scrimmage in 5 days. To me not smart on whoever scheduled them that way. But them boys was wore out by the Mccallie scrimmage. Can't wait to finally see a game at Maryville. Heard the atmosphere is great for a High school football game.

And correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't Catholic holding out a couple of those big O-linemen in that scrimmage with nagging minor injuries?

This game will be a real test for both teams.  Whoever wins will have to play well and limit mistakes that normally happen in opening games.  Definitely not a typical season opener for either team.  

On 8/3/2017 at 3:08 PM, BCsportsfan said:

That must have been the from the first of practice when he was "king of the world" and before he got wore down and decided to sit on the bench with an ice bag..........As a whole the F5 defense had their way!

Interesting comment, I work with one of the Alcoa coaches and he said it wasn't a scrimmage. The teams just practiced together and did more situational things. I guess he could be wrong if you're stating that it was full scrimmage, I wasn't there. Catholic has some major holes to fill not just on offense but defense as well.  Their schedule is extremely tough to be breaking in so many inexperienced players but it should pay off in the long run. 

4 hours ago, QSouth89 said:

Interesting comment, I work with one of the Alcoa coaches and he said it wasn't a scrimmage. The teams just practiced together and did more situational things. I guess he could be wrong if you're stating that it was full scrimmage, I wasn't there. Catholic has some major holes to fill not just on offense but defense as well.  Their schedule is extremely tough to be breaking in so many inexperienced players but it should pay off in the long run. 

reread Q....I stated "practice ". In those "situational things" where one on one drills and first team offenses against first team defenses. As a whole I was very pleased with Alcoa's performance in those "situational things". Peace.

15 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

reread Q....I stated "practice ". In those "situational things" where one on one drills and first team offenses against first team defenses. As a whole I was very pleased with Alcoa's performance in those "situational things". Peace.

I saw some video on Facebook. Looked like some full contact situations. I saw the Catholic qb get flat backed. 

9 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

My bad BC, I read it wrong Q makes mistakes, didn't mean to ruffle your feathers sir. I agree with your statement depth will be an issue for Catholic, it showed last year in the playoffs when some starters where injured during the game with Fulton. Alcoa has great program all you F5 fans should be pleased  especially this year when you're hoisting another trophy in Cookeville. Good luck and peace out.