McGill freshman RB from William Blount transfers to maryville

fooseball95

1 minute ago, GovMan said:

Not made cause the young man wants to win.  Not mad if his parents want him to go to Maryville (great school / awesome coaching staff). Mad because the parents should have gone ahead and made the decision last spring instead of letting him go through summer drills, pre-season practice, and his first varsity game.  Is that fair?

Fair enough

Edited by fooseball95

5 minutes ago, GovMan said:

Not made cause the young man wants to win.  Not mad if his parents want him to go to Maryville (great school / awesome coaching staff). Mad because the parents should have gone ahead and made the decision last spring instead of letting him go through summer drills, pre-season practice, and his first varsity game.  Is that fair?

I can agree to this.

17 minutes ago, GovMan said:

This is what happens when a 15 (14 at the time) year old is allowed to make a hard choice  and is to afraid to let anyone down so he does what he thinks he's supposed to do. The result of his decision was a hard choice his parents had to make 1 game into the season. WB should remember he played for a Maryville team before he ever played for WBMS.

Edited by MOMOF23

10 minutes ago, GovMan said:

We usually agree on most everything OB.   How about the 'Kees?  Another trip to the championship game this year possible you think?

Always a possibility but I'm going to hold off on even suggesting that till after I see a few games,we've got a lot to work on and we have a lot of talent but we got a lot of work on.

1 minute ago, MOMOF23 said:

This is what happens when a 15 (14 at the time) year old is allowed to make a hard choice  and is to afraid to let anyone down so he does what he's supposed to do. The result of his decision was a hard choice his parents had to make 1 game into the season. WB should remember he played for a Maryville before he ever played for WBMS.

I also heard a lot of adults, including staff at the middle school ,were putting pressure on a 14 yr old kid to go where they wanted him to go. Maybe even pulling him out of class.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, MOMOF23 said:

This is what happens when a 15 (14 at the time) year old is allowed to make a hard choice  and is to afraid to let anyone down so he does what he thinks he's supposed to do. The result of his decision was a hard choice his parents had to make 1 game into the season. WB should remember he played for a Maryville team before he ever played for WBMS.

So what changed after only one game? A little bit of adversity?  And why did he play in the JV game if the decision was made after Friday's game?

Parker will be fine he is a stud, but he is also a leader and I just hope the other good ones don't follow him over to mhs .. the cycle has to stop if there is gonna be change.  

3 minutes ago, williebgovs04 said:

So what changed after only one game? A little bit of adversity?  And why did he play in the JV game if the decision was made after Friday's game?

Parker will be fine he is a stud, but he is also a leader and I just hope the other good ones don't follow him over to mhs .. the cycle has to stop if there is gonna be change.  

A "little adversity" did you watch the Middle school championship? Parker thrives on adversity. The decision wasn't made Friday and it wasn't a easy one. Next time we have a family decision to make will invite the whole WB staff, alumni and boosters in our home to help. That's what happened the first time and look where we ended up.

This was one of the hardest choices we had to make but all of you are making it much easier.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, williebgovs04 said:

If I had the proof you have then I'd take it to a media outlet in Murfreesboro, surely you don't think Maryville has their hand on anything in that town.