McGill freshman RB from William Blount transfers to maryville

fooseball95

4 hours ago, MOMOF23 said:

Next time we have a family decision to make will invite the whole WB staff, alumni and boosters in our home to help. That's what happened the first time and look where we ended up.

Did that actually happen? If it did, thats  like the perfect Norman Rockwell painting for Blount county. Lol

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, HSfootballfanatic12 said:

I don't have a dog in this fight, but you Maryville folk can't honestly believe kids transferring isn't the act of Maryville coaches/faculty reaching out to these kids/parents. Every year they some how land a great transfer from another school in the county. The back up QB who led the winning drive last week is from Townsend. I understand that success is what it is. They have earned their place with sustained success. C'mon on though guys, be objective for once. Also, let me say this, IF YOU ARE A GOOD ENOUGH PLAYER TO PLAY BIG TIME COLLEGE FOOTBALL THE COACHES KNOW WHO YOU ARE REGARDLESS OF YOUR SCHOOL. This is 2017, that stance no longer has credibility. There's to much access out there for college coaches to only look a few schools for talent. If you stack the playing and made kids go to school where they were suppose to go, the "825" isn't the best in this county, William Blount is. You Maryville folk have to be honest for once. Own the fact that your school recruits kids, that's fine it is the nature of the game now, but stop pretending like it doesn't happen. It makes you fit the stereotype. 

Where did this first time poster (that went to the trouble of obtaining an account) with no dog in this fight, go? Pretty serious accusations you tossed out there without anything backing it up. Can you bless us with some proof? 

3 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

You can achieve great things from either school. I have noticed that the floor or baseline is higher at Maryville, because of all the work they are all expected to complete. I know Merit Scholars, Vanderbilt Law Graduates, University of Chicago PhD candidates, engineers, etc... who have come through WB. I enjoyed my three years there, and unlike THROWDESLANT likes to say, I was not in auto body.

From the shape those vehicles in your driveway are, you weren't in auto mechanics either;);)

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, TheGuvna said:

32Hammer,

What's your deal? You really hate WB. 

Not at all. Some great kids. Some great teachers. But you have to admit teachers pulling a 14 yr old out of class as well as a group of educators, alumni, etc  pressuring an 8th grader  by telling him that he  is the key to the future of a school with 1800 kids is a little surreal.

34 minutes ago, 32hammer said:

Not at all. Some great kids. Some great teachers. But you have to admit teachers pulling a 14 yr old out of class as well as a group of educators, alumni, etc  pressuring an 8th grader  by telling him that he  is the key to the future of a school with 1800 kids is a little surreal.

I thought Shad was the key to the future 32?

19 hours ago, 32hammer said:

Heard some adults were acting very childish about this. Grown ups need to act like grown ups and quit trying to love vicariously through HS kids, especially someone else's son. 

The parents made the best decision for their child. Leave it at that. Maybe instead of recruiting it was things the parents saw that they didn't want their kid around.

Pretty ironic you would say that on a high school message board where some members have 1000's of posts. 

1 minute ago, TeeterTot said:

Pretty ironic you would say that on a high school message board where some members have 1000's of posts. 

Fair point. But I think the biggest difference in this situation is some adults are upset because a kid's parents are doing what they think is best for their son and not what those same adults think is in their own best interests.

Make sense? 

I will admit that there was a time that I didn't really understand why parents took their kids to a different school than they were zoned, but then the last year and a half that my son was at WB I began to have a change of heart, and I will never again judge or try to find fault with a parent taking their kid to a different school as long as it is within the rules.  The kids only get four years to enjoy that experience (academically and athletically) and once it is over they can never get it back, and parents are just trying to do what they feel is in their kids best interest, not all of those decisions will end up being the right one, but they are trying to do what is best for their kids.  

This family has obviously made a decision that they feel is in their kids best interest and I wish them and Parker good luck and hope the decision ends up being the right one.  Parker is a great kid with a great work ethic and hopefully he will blend right in and never miss a beat. 

• Upvote 1