Marion at Coalfield (Mathis man vs that Henry man)

Southtowner

30 minutes ago, MrLegit said:

And my point is if they want it they have to take it. I honestly thought it would be next year for us but now I think we have a good change. Remember you were bragging about jaspers senior strength.

I was bragging about Marion's large senior class last season. I only mentioned Marion's senior RB. Everyone knows they have a large junior class, but not near as large of a senior class. I agree they will have to take it if they want it. 

7 hours ago, Southtowner said:

Just thinking out loud here so don't roast me.    Is it a better scenario for Jasper to finish 3rd in their region and stay in the top half of the bracket or finish 2nd and be put in the bottom half of the bracket with Trousdale?    By finishing 3rd you will avoid Trousdale on the Creekbank in the 2nd round and could come through the top half and host Trousdale at home.  I'm not implying throwing a region game.   Just thinking out loud and probably off base.

Either way we would not see Trousdale at home.  They will be their region champs so as #2 we play Trousdale followed by tyner, if we were #3 we would play tyner followed by trousdale.  Only home game we will have is the first one as a #2.  If we are a 3 then we get none and possibly lose 10k.  Dont think the warriors will be throwing a game.

7 hours ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

Either way we would not see Trousdale at home.  They will be their region champs so as #2 we play Trousdale followed by tyner, if we were #3 we would play tyner followed by trousdale.  Only home game we will have is the first one as a #2.  If we are a 3 then we get none and possibly lose 10k.  Dont think the warriors will be throwing a game.

The scenario I painted is correct.   The upper portion of the bracket host the quarterfinal in an odd year.  The only way a team from the bottom bracket can host the quarterfinal in an odd year is meet a team from their own region that won the upper bracket and finished lower in the region.

From the TSSAA handbook:

In all Class 1A, 2A, 3A, 4A, 5A and 6A play-off games, in the first and second rounds the higher seeded team shall be the host school. In the third round and semifinals in odd-numbered years the top team in each bracket shall be the host team. In the third round and semifinals in even-numbered years the bottom team in each bracket shall be the host team. If two teams from the same region meet in the third round, the team seeded higher in the region standings shall host. 

Edited by Southtowner

The 3rd round (quarterfinals)  doesn't go by seeding.  Unless 2 teams meet that are from the same region.

No need to worry about that now.  I wouldn't think.   I was only thinking out loud and as I said above the scenario I painted is correct.  I'd rather play Trousdale at home than on the Creekbank. But to do that you'd have to travel at least the first round and more than likely the 2nd round.

35 minutes ago, CastIronHero said:

Your prob right... wanna just give coalfield the gold ball now and stop wasting all our time and energy??

There is no doubt about it. If they don't get a silver or gold then someone is going to have to take it from them. 20 plus seniors is hard to do business with for sure. If I remember correctly Wayne County's 20 plus seniors took it from us in 2011. All those seniors are tough to do business with most of the time.