Alcoa travels to Indian Country

BCsportsfan

8 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

I've only one time didn't think DB had a chance and that was a 5-5 team playing against Maryville.I was wrong because there is always a chance.Sure,Maryville won the game but you always have a chance.Now,someone  will put the dumb and dumber  picture up.

I would, but dumb ole photobucket changed their terms on hosted photos.

Seeing the post on wrestling and the 9th grade stud at Alcoa brings back memoies.I was just thinking of the last time my youngest competed in sports two years ago for Dobyns Bennett.A big wrestling tournament in Johnson city.The match I remember the most was him against the Alcoa heavyweight . Not sure what grade the Alcoa wrestler was in, my son was a 10th grader and most he went against were older .That was a great match,the Alcoa wrestler got a nose bleed early and it had to be stopped two or three times  to check him out.The DB coaches kept asking my son to cross his face and end it because of bleeding.My son wouldn't and it went until the end.Afterwards I ask my son why he didn't do what they wanted but I already knew the answer.His answer was this.I wanted to give the guy a fair chance,nomatter if I won or lost.I didn't want a cheap victory.It ended up that my son won on points anyway but on the next monday ,we found out he had wrestled the whole weekend with a knee that needed surgery and his year was over.That's when he decided to just make the grades and leave all sports.His first love was football however and as a 9th grader ,the strongest on DB' s team in the spring.A couple of certain smart az coaches would make little remarks about his strength for gods sake.One punished the whole team because it took him longer to get his weights on and off.He started in the spring game with a high ankle sprain and another coach said he was the strongest but played like the 10th strongest that day.My son is a warrior,but he doesn't take sht from anyone if he doesn't deserve it.When I see the wasted talent today walking the halls at DB,besides all those in his class that gave up the game,I wonder how many more kids that loved football ,could have been competing for the Tribe that I don't know about.Their strength program sucks and that's something another one of mine tried to help them with and was disrespected.SO,if I love those kids and want them to win but have a bad attitude towards a lot of other parts of the DB program,I've got good cause.

Edited by BatmanDevil

BATMAN -

3 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

Seeing the post on wrestling and the 9th grade stud at Alcoa brings back memoies.I was just thinking of the last time my youngest competed in sports two years ago for Dobyns Bennett.A big wrestling tournament in Johnson city.The match I remember the most was him against the Alcoa heavyweight . Not sure what grade the Alcoa wrestler was in, my son was a 10th grader and most he went against were older .That was a great match,the Alcoa wrestler got a nose bleed early and it had to be stopped two or three times  to check him out.The DB coaches kept asking my son to cross his face and end it because of bleeding.My son wouldn't and it went until the end.Afterwards I ask my son why he didn't do what they wanted but I already knew the answer.His answer was this.I wanted to give the guy a fair chance,nomatter if I won or lost.I didn't want a cheap victory.It ended up that my son won on points anyway but on the next monday ,we found out he had wrestled the whole weekend with a knee that needed surgery and his year was over.That's when he decided to just make the grades and leave all sports.His first love was football however and as a 9th grader ,the strongest on DB' s team in the spring.A couple of certain smart az coaches would make little remarks about his strength for gods sake.One punished the whole team because it took him longer to get his weights on and off.He started in the spring game with a high ankle sprain and another coach said he was the strongest but played like the 10th strongest that day.My son is a warrior,but he doesn't take sht from anyone if he doesn't deserve it.When I see the wasted talent today walking the halls at DB,besides all those in his class that gave up the game,I wonder how many more kids that loved football ,could have been competing for the Tribe that I don't know about.Their strength program sucks and that's something another one of mine tried to help them with and was disrespected.SO,if I love those kids and want them to win but have a bad attitude towards a lot of other parts of the DB program,I've got good cause.

BATMAN - very well stated, however (and maybe in past years we have discussed this), do you ever sleep??

13 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

BATMAN -

BATMAN - very well stated, however (and maybe in past years we have discussed this), do you ever sleep??

Batman doesn't need sleep,"apparently".Shift work keeps me going on very little sleep.I worked 12 hours yesterday and went home to mow and weed eat my yard until it was to dark to see. I was up before 1:30 this morning .

41 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

Batman doesn't need sleep,"apparently".Shift work keeps me going on very little sleep.I worked 12 hours yesterday and went home to mow and weed eat my yard until it was to dark to see. I was up before 1:30 this morning .

The average Bat gets 19.9 hours of sleep per day.  So obviously you have a problem.

27 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

The average Bat gets 19.9 hours of sleep per day.  So obviously you have a problem.

YEP

15 minutes ago, Gunner0331 said:

Big E?

YEP

1 minute ago, blazer1set said:

Guys, don't go just by the record....    With the exception of the Science Hill and Greeneville games, DB is a whisker away from being 4-0 right now..

YEP,BUT also a whisker from OR or SC making it  go the other way.DB just needs to show up and play a complete game if they want to win. This is a very good team coming to town and there is zero room for mistakes