AA Regions 5 and 6 Playoff Picture

@38320

2 hours ago, Bigpun54 said:

I wouldn't call it much of an upset. Eagleville is from what I gather a sound team n if riverside doesn't find some true consistency offensively they could b n trouble 

We are a pretty sound team overall. I guess our weakness would probably be that we're a little small on the line, but they never quit and so far have been able to hold their own. I'll put their tenacity against anybody. Size isn't everything on the line, it certainly helps, but heart and desire can make up for it. 

51 minutes ago, ddaddy said:

ONLY because EV will be a 3 seed and Parsons will be a 2 seed. Plus many of the region 6ers are predicting an all 6 qrt final 

The poll has Eagleville at #6 and Riverside unranked...regional seeding has more to do with the overall strength of the region than the perceived strength of the team. Region 8's #1 seed may be an underdog against region 7's #4.

35 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

The poll has Eagleville at #6 and Riverside unranked...regional seeding has more to do with the overall strength of the region than the perceived strength of the team. Region 8's #1 seed may be an underdog against region 7's #4.

So you're saying region 5 is the overall stronger region. That must be if our 3 is a favorite over your 2.

12 hours ago, EHSEagles said:

We shall see in just 2 short weeks who's gonna do what. I'll be a little surprised if it's an all 6 qrt final. Possible I guess, but I wouldn't put $$ on it.

I'll go with Waverly vs. Lewis/Columbia Academy in Quarters, with Waverly winning.  

Riverside has some really good athletes, and some tough linemen, but I don't think they'll beat either of the top two from Region 5.

20 hours ago, ddaddy said:

So you're saying region 5 is the overall stronger region. That must be if our 3 is a favorite over your 2.

Obviously the pollsters think so, and overall it probably is...we (Scotts Hill) aren't very good this year and still beat Hickman and East Hickman. Waverly is on another level than anyone in our region, and I suspect that Riverside is much better than they have received credit for. The #'s 2, 3, and four teams from region 6 could all go out in the first round against region 5 and I wouldn't be shocked, but if Waverly doesn't make at least the semi's I will be.

16 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Obviously the pollsters think so, and overall it probably is...we (Scotts Hill) aren't very good this year and still beat Hickman and East Hickman. Waverly is on another level than anyone in our region, and I suspect that Riverside is much better than they have received credit for. The #'s 2, 3, and four teams from region 6 could all go out in the first round against region 5 and I wouldn't be shocked, but if Waverly doesn't make at least the semi's I will be.

I have seen all the teams play from region 7 That are the front runners the Ville, TCA ,Union City, and Peabody. In my opinion Waverly is better than any of those. Now Lewis or .CA I haven't seen them play but I don't Lewis could keep up with Waverlys offense because they are mainly a running team and always have been. I can't say anything about .CA except they beat a very respected Lewis team so they must be good. Still sticking with a riverside - Waverly 3rd rounder to see who gets the Ville in the semi

On 10/20/2017 at 5:26 PM, tradertwo said:

8 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

I have seen all the teams play from region 7 That are the front runners the Ville, TCA ,Union City, and Peabody. In my opinion Waverly is better than any of those. Now Lewis or .CA I haven't seen them play but I don't Lewis could keep up with Waverlys offense because they are mainly a running team and always have been. I can't say anything about .CA except they beat a very respected Lewis team so they must be good. Still sticking with a riverside - Waverly 3rd rounder to see who gets the Ville in the semi

I've got a question for anyone that's seen Region 6 play. I will clarify that I don't know anything about Region 6 other than their scores, which doesn't always tell you everything. I definitely believe Waverly is on a level all their now in Region 6. But, I just don't see all the hype over Riverside or Hickman Co.  The reasons are listed below...

Hickman Co. only beat Summertown 14-13. Summertown has been blown out by Lewis Co, CA, & Forrest. Summertown hasn't even scored a TD against those three (28-0, 49-0, & 43-0). 

Hickman Co. got beat 55-7 by Lewis Co in the only head-2-head matchup. 

Hickman Co. got blown out by Franklin Road Academy 48-7. CA beat Franklin Road Academy 56-21 just two weeks prior. 

Riverside only beat Hickman Co. 32-28. 

Riverside only beat Obion County 35-34, but Lewis County beat Obion County 49-24. 

Again, I'm seriously asking and not trying to start anything other than pointing out the wins/loses that seem to favor Region 5 over Region 6 (EXCEPT with Waverly). 

3 minutes ago, Dunc4265 said:

I've got a question for anyone that's seen Region 6 play. I will clarify that I don't know anything about Region 6 other than their scores, which doesn't always tell you everything. I definitely believe Waverly is on a level all their now in Region 6. But, I just don't see all the hype over Riverside or Hickman Co.  The reasons are listed below...

Hickman Co. only beat Summertown 14-13. Summertown has been blown out by Lewis Co, CA, & Forrest. Summertown hasn't even scored a TD against those three (28-0, 49-0, & 43-0). 

Hickman Co. got beat 55-7 by Lewis Co in the only head-2-head matchup. 

Hickman Co. got blown out by Franklin Road Academy 48-7. CA beat Franklin Road Academy 56-21 just two weeks prior. 

Riverside only beat Hickman Co. 32-28. 

Riverside only beat Obion County 35-34, but Lewis County beat Obion County 49-24. 

Again, I'm seriously asking and not trying to start anything other than pointing out the wins/loses that seem to favor Region 5 over Region 6 (EXCEPT with Waverly). 

I honestly don't see see Hickman doing anything in the playoffs but you just can't ever tell. 

Riverside I do believe they can play and I seen sperts of what they can do first hand. If those kids can keep their heads right and play discipline football they definitely have the talent to knock off any of the teams they have to play. They are big and fast. They got big receivers and a very good mobile QB. If you get the chance to what them you will see if you have any knowledge about football. I truly believe that it will be region 6 vs region 6 in the 3rd round. But it's the playoffs bud anything can happen!

11 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

I honestly don't see see Hickman doing anything in the playoffs but you just can't ever tell. 

Riverside I do believe they can play and I seen sperts of what they can do first hand. If those kids can keep their heads right and play discipline football they definitely have the talent to knock off any of the teams they have to play. They are big and fast. They got big receivers and a very good mobile QB. If you get the chance to what them you will see if you have any knowledge about football. I truly believe that it will be region 6 vs region 6 in the 3rd round. But it's the playoffs bud anything can happen!

Thanks.