Peabody host TCA

JungleJim125

Already Peabody, let's show support!   We are all still in shock from the Mckenzie game.  That bye week didn't help us at all.   This game is a home game.  Our support will be intense!  I have faith the anger/drive in our players and the coaching adjustments will make all the difference in this Friday's outcome.  Plus it's homecoming.  We will be there loud and proud!!!  Roll tide!   Our boys can take care of this game!  We just have to have our minds in it.   

21 hours ago, Archiewho said:

You can talk about how much Trenton has to play for this week all you want and playing with a sense of urgency and all that jazz, all good points.   Bottom line, if their offensive play calling doesn't improve and keep them on the field, They won't put up enough points to compete.   Looked like a Mike Debord offense against McKenzie.

I would love to have Mike Debord back calling plays this year. we would have 2 more wins for sure. Not that even matters tho 

McKenzie did not give up multiple big plays the other night which was a big key in the Rebels holding off the Tide.  In previous losses, those were killer.  Also, Peabody had no throwing game.  Our question was why are they not throwing it to Khance Hill?   That kid was 6'5 or better and the closest guy we had on defense to him was may be 5'10.  

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 10:46 PM, TPeabodyGT said:

Already Peabody, let's show support!   We are all still in shock from the Mckenzie game.  That bye week didn't help us at all.   This game is a home game.  Our support will be intense!  I have faith the anger/drive in our players and the coaching adjustments will make all the difference in this Friday's outcome.  Plus it's homecoming.  We will be there loud and proud!!!  Roll tide!   Our boys can take care of this game!  We just have to have our minds in it.   

That is what bothers me. I said early this year Peabody coaching staff was not as good as we Peabody fans think. Can they make the adjustments. They did not last week. I hope they prove me wrong! I agree with Mckenzie Peabody does throw the ball enough. Tide has got to mix it up more. Tide has 6'5 Hill get the ball to him more. Tide must if they going to make any kind of run in the playoffs!

Edited by JungleJim125

Yes it is a good coaching staff.  Sometimes the best team lose. This goes for coaches and players.  Comer won the coaching battle last friday.  Our boys were flat and never got anything  going.  The refs were terrible but that was not why we lost.  the Rebels came to play.  It was their senior night.  I don't think any of those teams that blew them out early in the season could do it now.  They may be peaking or did Peabody look so bad, we made them look good.  I think they are better than what people give them credit for.  It is crunch time now.  Please use all of your talent Peabody.  You can win out if you just spread the ball around to your talent.  It is pitiful to see how talent is just going to waste, even in our victories.

Edited by allgoodlf
  • Upvote 1

I think the Peabody faithful shouldn’t worry too much but there is a need for a sense of urgency from the Tide. Peabody didn’t do themselves any favors by dropping a game to McKenzie. If they are wanting to make a title run like they are fully capabale of, they must get all facets of their game going. Offense, defense, & special teams must play near perfect football these next two weeks. I said earlier in a thread a couple of weeks ago that it would be interesting to see Peabody finish the season with the schedule they have. I said McKenzie could steal one & they did. Peabody must utilize what they have on offense if they want to beat TCA & Adamsville. I would like to see Peabody push the field vertical a little more & utilize the height & speed of some of their players. Peabody has a good run game coming out of their running backs & the quarterback can hold his own as well. Peabody has played good defense all year. They have played a bend don’t break mentality all year long. They were bending all night against McKenzie but the offense never bailed them out. If you’re not capitalizing on your defenses stops & putting points on the board, they eventually give out & by that time, it was too late for Peabody to get into a scoring match with McKenzie. I look to see a totally different Peabody team coming out this Friday at home. Correct me if I am wrong but I do believe this is their first game at home since September 1st. That may bring a little bit of spark that is needed to be able to play this game in Trenton. Good luck to both teams this week & may both teams walk away injury free. 

Edited by FightingBlue0

On 10/15/2017 at 11:33 AM, vandyfan1 said:

When a team like McKenzie get beat as bad as they do by the other quality teams and then Peabody rolls in and it's just the play calling!?! Sounds fishy to me. They put points on the board so it sounds like Peabody needs to work on that defense also. Like I said in my other post Peabody pride wants to talk about Adamsville not winning against anybody that worth a hoot and Peabody hasn't played anybody and won either. Now they have hit a roadblock MCKenzie,TCA,and The Ville. 

To be fair to Mckenzie, they have had several players out for an extended period, but had most of their players back against Trenton. It won't surprise me if they don't knock off UC. With that said I think TCA takes this one. 

42 minutes ago, Mustang1969 said:

To be fair to Mckenzie, they have had several players out for an extended period, but had most of their players back against Trenton. It won't surprise me if they don't knock off UC. With that said I think TCA takes this one. 

I didn't know that. When we played played them you could tell they had some playmakers on that team they just wasn't putting it together. I think BigEd was saying they got some kids out also.