THE HOT SEAT

thefootballguru

22 minutes ago, JohnnyRadcliff said:

Coaches Hot Seat! Johnnys favorite time of year! Never want to see guys get let go but its just too much fun imagining all the possibilities and what ifs. Most of Johnnys adopted Wilco teams are performing well this season except Franklin. Don't see ole Donnie going anywheres. Thinking Blade is the most overrated dude around, and Siegel made some terrible hire. Where else going to come open?

10188068-342415498_1-s1-v1.png?transparent=1&palette=1

I don't think Donnie Webb gets fired, but I could see him leaving over this situation with the Wray brothers. 

I'mnot sure if Blade is overrated, but he  def. needs to re-evaluate his offense. IMO, Blade puts way too much pressure on his quarterbacks. Just not realistic to expect even close to the production that Andrew Bunch was able to put up.

It's a little bit too early to make a call on whether Copley is a good fit at Siegel

18 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

Y'all need to come after them hills and come to Middle Tennessee even west TN

I'm no DB fan but their band is a well oiled Machine. It's home to the largest marching band in the state of Tennessee with almost 400 members. The Band has performed on the national stage at such venues as Lucas Oil StadiumUniversity of Phoenix Stadium, and the Georgia Dome. The band has performed three times in the Pasadena Tournament of Roses Parade, last appearing in 2014, and has performed five times in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, with their last appearance being in 2011. The DB Band represented the State of Tennessee in the 2013 Presidential Inaugural Parade. The DB Band is the recipient of the 2006, 2007, and 2014 Tennessee Governor's Cup awarded at the Contest of Champions hosted by Middle Tennessee State University.[4] The DB Band is the 2007, 2013, 2014, and 2015 Grand Champion of the Tournament of Champions hosted by Western Carolina University.[5] The DB Band was named Grand Champion of the 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016 Bands of America Regionals held in Winston-Salem, NC. In that contest, they received caption awards for Outstanding Music Performance, Outstanding Visual Performance, and Outstanding General Effect.[6] The Band was named Class AAA Champion at the 2016 Bands of America Super Regional at the Georgia Dome and received the finals caption award for Outstanding Music Performance.[7] Since 2008, the Band has competed in the Bands of America Grand National Championships six times, with a semifinals placement every time. In 2016, the Band earned placement in the Bands of America Grand National finals for the first time and placed 13th.[8]

Here is a link to their website

https://www.dbband.org/#new-page

22 minutes ago, Swipes said:

I'm no DB fan but their band is a well oiled Machine. It's home to the largest marching band in the state of Tennessee with almost 400 members. The Band has performed on the national stage at such venues as Lucas Oil StadiumUniversity of Phoenix Stadium, and the Georgia Dome. The band has performed three times in the Pasadena Tournament of Roses Parade, last appearing in 2014, and has performed five times in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, with their last appearance being in 2011. The DB Band represented the State of Tennessee in the 2013 Presidential Inaugural Parade. The DB Band is the recipient of the 2006, 2007, and 2014 Tennessee Governor's Cup awarded at the Contest of Champions hosted by Middle Tennessee State University.[4] The DB Band is the 2007, 2013, 2014, and 2015 Grand Champion of the Tournament of Champions hosted by Western Carolina University.[5] The DB Band was named Grand Champion of the 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016 Bands of America Regionals held in Winston-Salem, NC. In that contest, they received caption awards for Outstanding Music Performance, Outstanding Visual Performance, and Outstanding General Effect.[6] The Band was named Class AAA Champion at the 2016 Bands of America Super Regional at the Georgia Dome and received the finals caption award for Outstanding Music Performance.[7] Since 2008, the Band has competed in the Bands of America Grand National Championships six times, with a semifinals placement every time. In 2016, the Band earned placement in the Bands of America Grand National finals for the first time and placed 13th.[8]

Dang Swipes, are you auditioning to be the next BID,  Band information Director at DB?  That's impressive info right there.  

1 hour ago, oridgecat said:

Dang Swipes, are you auditioning to be the next BID,  Band information Director at DB?  That's impressive info right there.  

I'm probably the least musically inclined person there is so I just stuck to Football, Baseball, and Basketball when  I was in School Haha. It's crazy what you can find on the internet when you actually do some research tho

Edited by Swipes

2 hours ago, Swipes said:

Boy, this thread really got off topic!

On 10/22/2017 at 8:54 PM, EASTFAN said:

What about the mess at Morristown East with Coach Wells? He back into the playoff just about every year with a losing record. what so sad about it is the talent he has wasted year after years. Morristown East should be in the hunt for a STATE Championships in 5A with the talent they have had the last 4 four years.

It is just terrible East's cannot stop anybody who is physical and runs right at them. All we get is excuses that we are little or we are young. If Wells new anything about the weight room, he would know size doesn't meaning anything. He didn't we at Campbell Co. and he will never win at Morristown East.

Oh by the way, he is 0-4 against Morristown West!

5A has Fulton and Catholic.  Both of those say your future prospects look bleak.  Last four years you answered your question, you can’t beat West.

you had Knox West the last four years didn’t you? Yeah.... no East isn’t even close in a title run.