Class 2A AP Poll 10-23

TheAmbassador

1 minute ago, TheAmbassador said:

I didn't say that at all. I think if Waverly gets beaten it makes it easier on everyone else. Columbia Academy is ok, but they were 12-0 last year when we cruised into town as well. They aren't bad, but like my 2A Poll reflects. The best teams in 2A are Waverly and Region 7. Period.

I understand 

1 minute ago, vandyfan1 said:

You got to make it past Riverside first. 

Waverlys defense is down this year. But can still get key stops when need be. But my question is can anyone keep up with Waverlys offenses . Waverlys starters have only had to play 3 complete games. They r well rested and ready for another run . 

2 minutes ago, Wavo2004 said:

Waverlys defense is down this year. But can still get key stops when need be. But my question is can anyone keep up with Waverlys offenses . Waverlys starters have only had to play 3 complete games. They r well rested and ready for another run . 

Don't play into this guy wavo he is talking out the side of his neck. Let him learn the hard way

1 hour ago, BulldawgsRise said:

Waverly’s defensive struggles will come back to haunt them when they play as at home. 

I'm just curious on what you're considering defensive "struggles"? Yes we don't have the shutdown defense we had last season but we still have a good defense. We lost a lot from last season but our offense has been explosive this year. Think about it when you have a 3 and out offense with a good defense the D usually gets tired from being on the field so much, as fast as Waverly scores their defense is on the field most of the game. And I would say besides the games with Fairview, Huntingdon, Riverside, and maybe Scott's Hill our first string have only been playing the first half of games. Most of the points excluding those games were scored on 2nd string and freshmen.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BulldawgsRise said:

Waverly’s defensive struggles will come back to haunt them when they play as at home. 

Waverly doesn't have a "shut down" defense this year, but they've only averaged giving up around 26 a game over their last 5, including a prolific McKenzie team and Riverside. Their offense is averaging about twice that in the same span of games. bottom line is, whether the game is a 21-20 defensive struggle, or 56-49 type shootout, your defense has to stop them more often than their defense stops you, and that isn't going to be easy. Nobody is unbeatable, but I'll be surprised if they're tested late until region 7 decides who the best among them are, and it'll take a great gameplan from whomever that is, along with some turnovers.

20 hours ago, BulldawgsRise said:

This is just funny. Eagleville the fourth best team in state despite being the third place in their region? CA still beat them on a bad night and you’re gonna put CA  down at 7? 

Yeah actually I did superimpose EV and CA when I edited my post so my bad with that said honestly Eagleville, CA, or Lewis Co have got a snowballs chance in a fireplace of beating Waverly and honestly the only team before state that has a chance to beat them is UC with their ground and pound offense IF they see them in semis and IF UC can stop turning the ball over but I don't see it happening unless Waverly just has a total collapse in a game. EDITED to include Adamsville in there also. They are a solid team and could keep the ball out of Waverlys hands on O.

Edited by Mustang1969
Edit

1 hour ago, tradertwo said:

Waverly doesn't have a "shut down" defense this year, but they've only averaged giving up around 26 a game over their last 5, including a prolific McKenzie team and Riverside. Their offense is averaging about twice that in the same span of games. bottom line is, whether the game is a 21-20 defensive struggle, or 56-49 type shootout, your defense has to stop them more often than their defense stops you, and that isn't going to be easy. Nobody is unbeatable, but I'll be surprised if they're tested late until region 7 decides who the best among them are, and it'll take a great gameplan from whomever that is, along with some turnovers.

I will add this. A Union City could. And I say could be tough for Waverly. Only because their offense eats up so much clock and does not allow the other teams offense on the field. I still say Wavo will make it to Cookville. But you never know. 

Waverly has a great offense. Someone like Union City wouldn't be a good matchup. Especially if they got a few turnovers. Waverly reminds me a lot of our 2009 SP team. Ultra talented on offense, but defense was just average. It caught up to us in Cookeville and we left with a silver ball. The only difference now is that Waverly might have to play them in the semifinals.