2017-2018 AA Top Teams

ballinup90

On 2/16/2018 at 11:05 AM, jetballer said:

Do you really think they had a choice in classification? Really?  You obviously have no idea how it is all broken down. I am sure they would prefer you keep your respect and enjoy your off season.

I know they had the choice to stay in 3A or move down to 2 A. We are playing in the region not off season yet, and im sure i dont really care what you or they prefer

On 2/14/2018 at 1:51 PM, UCSportsFan said:

Cumberland County should be there although they’ll have to beat a very good Macon County team in the semi’s of the region tournament barring any major upsets. 

South Greene is a very good team. No competition over there for them so they will most assuredly be in Murfreesboro again. 

Upperman has Levy and a solid supporting cast so they’ll be there. 

Westview has has zero competition so you know they’ll be there from West Tn. 

The rest of the teams  will just be happy to be there and won’t make any noise in the tournament. 

Would you like to retract your statement?

• Like 1

On 2/19/2018 at 8:51 PM, EastTNfan20 said:

South Greene put on a show tonight from behind the arc in the District 2 AA Championship game. 7/8 from 3 in just the opening quarter. Ended up with at least 10 3's and the bench played most of the 4th quarter.  Defeated Chuckey-Doak 69-29 in the championship game.  The  Wykle sisters were each 4/5 from behind the arc. 

District 2 POY:Taylor Lamb

All conference: B. Wykle, Franklin, Williams, 

Tournament MVP: Braelyn Wykle

All tournament: K. Wykle, Williams, Lamb, Franklin 

Hate to see they won’t be at the Murphy Center like everyone thought was a gimme!

South Greene and Cumberland Co. lost last night. My initial post to start this thread, I had neither in my Top 5. Their level of competition and strength of schedule has always been suspect in their district. Great season from both programs to say the least. Hate to say it, but Class AA State Tournament just became a lot more watered down after last night.

Here's my new Top 5 headed in to the Region Finals. Help on 6-8 please!

1.) Upperman

2.) Westview

3.) East Nashville

4.) Macon Co.

5.)  Cheatham Co.

6.) ?

7.) ?

8.) ?

On 1/23/2018 at 11:00 PM, Americal198 said:

South Greene beat a much improved Greeneville team tonight, 64 to 56. Going into tonight's game, each team had won four games in a row. Greeneville, during their winning streak, beat Grainger.

I enjoy girls basketball at the high school level, but try to only  go to games which I think will be close ones. Tonight's game was an enjoyable game and was hard fought. Greeneville played good defense and gave South Greene a battle. The biggest South Greene lead was 11 or 12 points. The Lady Devils matched up well with SG and have a couple of young players who take up space defensively and offensively on the boards. Greeneville got into foul trouble early.

Sydni Lollar is Greeneville's only Senior.

Look for Greeneville to go pretty far in this year's tournament. Next year should see the team even more improved. With Jones and Fillers returning, they will be tough to beat in 2018-19. For now, I believe South Greene had better play their "A Game" if they see Greeneville again this year.

South Greene played tough as usual, but they did not have the bench strength that Greeneville had tonight. This could be a factor for SG come hectic tournament time.

I posted this back in January. Greeneville is a much improved team. South greene beat them three times this season before losing. Greeneville is playing their younger players—who are up for the challenge. Sydni Lollar will give it all she has in her final season. This SG fan would like to see Greeneville in Murfreesboro.

Edited by Americal198
posting mistake

3 hours ago, ballinup90 said:

South Greene and Cumberland Co. lost last night. My initial post to start this thread, I had neither in my Top 5. Their level of competition and strength of schedule has always been suspect in their district. Great season from both programs to say the least. Hate to say it, but Class AA State Tournament just became a lot more watered down after last night.

1.) Upperman

2.) Westview

3.) East Nashville

4.) Macon Co.

5.)  Cheatham Co.

6.) ?

7.) ?

8.) ?

Let's assume Upperman beats Macon Co to win Rgion 4AA. If that happens then Macon Co. could lose to the Region 3AA champion, McMinn Central or Meigs Co. Both places are tough to play at. 

3 hours ago, workinprogress said:

Id swap EN and CC for now. I'd also add GP, Meigs, and probably McMinn.

I don't think both McMinn Central and Meigs Co will be there.  The loser between these two in the Region 3AA championship game will have to play their substate game on the road at Upperman or Macon Co.

3 hours ago, ballinup90 said:

1.) Upperman

2.) Westview

3.) East Nashville

4.) Macon Co.

5.)  Cheatham Co.

6.) ?

7.) ?

8.) ?

Watered down???? Maybe you just need to get out a little more. Maybe instead of watered down its way more competitive than you think. South Green and Cumberland played soft schedules to get Ws and Greenville picked it up so did the best 2 teams win last night? YES, if everyone believed pre-season crap then why would we even play the game. Those 2 teams that won got better as the season went. To say its  watered down is a slap in those 2 teams faces. Wouldnt suprise me if Macon wins Wednesday night. Its not an upset to the winner.

5 minutes ago, hohmaster said:

I don't think both McMinn Central and Meigs Co will be there.  The loser between these two in the Region 3AA championship game will have to play their substate game on the road at Upperman or Macon Co.

Dont forget Mcminn Central already beat Cumberland this year and Meigs has beat Central so who knows. Im sure Cumberland and South Greene didnt expect to wake up this morning with the season over.