Semi final South Pitt at Greenback

orngnblk

I will say congratulations to our coaching staff three years in a row no matter how you get there is an impressive feat.a lot of people question you all I did not I thought we had the greatest staff we've had since Bill Satterfield and his crew were there in the 80s and 90s congratulations guys you put Greenback back on top!

7 hours ago, Throck said:

Don't care who Bass is throwing it at, its a fact SP is hard to pull for even tho they are in the same county as me. Vic is a good coach, but is a piece of garbage in my book. Screw Vic and all Vic represents. 

State your name please and let's get a sit down with Coach Grider set up for you. Anyone that has that much hostility and hatred should be allowed to tell the man face to face and man to man. 

6 hours ago, cherokean said:

A few people complaining about the facilities and the deep ball with :30 left...haha.  Found something else to complain about.

The facilities and the trucks are basically the same as it was in 2011(the last time SP visited) with the exception of the field house and the old school being gone.  

Did we score on the deep ball?...No...An if we did who cares...boohoo.  SP has done the same to us before back in the mid 90s on a couple occasions...especially in '98, y'all are up 49-30 after three and leave Moore in to run wild in the 4th to score 28 pts more...making it a 77-30 final.

See y'all next year at the SPEEDWAY... 

I didn't say anything about you throwing, but did you really just say after 3 quarters SP was up by 19 points and they kept Moore in the 1998 game? Well yes, I would say up 19 to enter the fourth quarter starters should still be in the game at that point.  Anyway good luck next week even though you won't need it. 

7 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

I will say congratulations to our coaching staff three years in a row no matter how you get there is an impressive feat.a lot of people question you all I did not I thought we had the greatest staff we've had since Bill Satterfield and his crew were there in the 80s and 90s congratulations guys you put Greenback back on top!

Old Pirate disagrees, The youngons are always the ones most disserving of congratulations. Point here,  Jockeys are only riders, the horses are the true champions

3 hours ago, cherokean said:

HAHA...game is for 4 qtrs,,,really...thanks for that tidbit of information and I'm guessing it's played on a football field also.  Was the game over?...NO.  So what's the difference if it had been a 40 yd run instead of possible 40 yd bomb with :30 left?...Nothing it's still 40 yds.  And I would bet the few whining wouldn't be if it were a 40 yd run.

Old Pirate says you are a liar, no credibility. 

That was one of the best HS Football games I’ve ever seen. It was apparent, right from the start, that SP was very physical on the lines and not afraid to lay the wood to 6. I thought SP should’ve mixed up the running game more as the game went on. 3-4 yds a pop with 9 moves the sticks every time. Play calling was a little off in the 2nd half, in my opinion. Very impressed with SP. GB played a solid game and is well deserved to have the chance to play for it all next week. 6 being hobbled a bit changed a few things but 3 and 24 were in the backfield to keep things moving. Nice 32yd FG by your kicker, had plenty of leg. Heck of a game by both teams. Good luck next week GB. 

26 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

I don't agree with throwing it at the end I agree with you on that but to say that we cheated with 23 talking to the head coach trying to get a play figured out just get over it it's over with it's done most of you guys are cool dudes you're a ding dong

The kid ran off the sidelines and on the field right before the snap.I’ll believe that until I see video proof otherwise because that’s what I saw too. He was talking to the coach on the sideline maybe. If you get a video post it please. GB won fair. Either team had a chance to. Good hard fought game. I bet there are some sore boys this morning.

3 minutes ago, powerp said:

The kid ran off the sidelines and on the field right before the snap.I’ll believe that until I see video proof otherwise because that’s what I saw too. He was talking to the coach on the sideline maybe. If you get a video post it please. GB won fair. Either team had a chance to. Good hard fought game. I bet there are some sore boys this morning.

It happened right in front of me and onb. Even if he did run completely off the sidelines, all he has to do is come back on the field, inside the numbers, and get set for 1 second. He did both of those things and was an eligible receiver. 

7 minutes ago, gcapride said:

That was one of the best HS Football games I’ve ever seen. It was apparent, right from the start, that SP was very physical on the lines and not afraid to lay the wood to 6. I thought SP should’ve mixed up the running game more as the game went on. 3-4 yds a pop with 9 moves the sticks every time. Play calling was a little off in the 2nd half, in my opinion. Very impressed with SP. GB played a solid game and is well deserved to have the chance to play for it all next week. 6 being hobbled a bit changed a few things but 3 and 24 were in the backfield to keep things moving. Nice 32yd FG by your kicker, had plenty of leg. Heck of a game by both teams. Good luck next week GB. 

I agree with you as well. SP was a very physical team this season. The line play on each side was definitely dominating. I look for more of the same the next few years. If we get some of our young talent to grow up we just might get another shot next season. Greenback just had too much speed and a few too many athletes last night for us. 

Just now, gcapride said:

It happened right in front of me and onb. Even if he did run completely off the sidelines, all he has to do is come back on the field, inside the numbers, and get set for 1 second. He did both of those things and was an eligible receiver. 

The point was our defense had nobody over there. He ran inside of the ref while our guys were trying to hurry and make it over there and it was too late. That’s just what I saw. Like I said, GB had a better overall team. SP will have their chance to be like GB has been recently the next 3 years.

2 minutes ago, powerp said:

The point was our defense had nobody over there. He ran inside of the ref while our guys were trying to hurry and make it over there and it was too late. That’s just what I saw. Like I said, GB had a better overall team. SP will have their chance to be like GB has been recently the next 3 years.

Gotcha. I’ve read so much this morning my head is spinning and thought you were commenting from the viewpoint that it was illegal substitution. I have no idea if it was a designed play call or a “trick” play or not. Either way, it was executed perfectly and legally and caught SP off guard. If it was a designed play call, I LOVE it. Called at the perfect spot on the field so the opposing bench would have a tough time catching onto it.